Brewer Fanatic

2017-09-19: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Williams) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers record 81st win, 1-0]

hawing
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jeez guys, maybe chill a bit on Vogt. I get your points and generally agree. But you're talking like this is a fire-able offense or dumbest thing ever in baseball. Catchers need days off, yea he's probably doing it too much but no one plays one C every day. And as far as WAR, he's clearly an upgrade to Bandy who would be his 'replacement'. He's in a slump but just hit a big 2 R homer a couple days ago. Team history type blunder, question his ability as manager, etc is just a tad excessive imo. It's regular season game playing backup C, catchers get days off. I suppose those in a team history with so few playoff appearances so I guess...

Vogt has started 3 of the last 5 games...................in a stretch that has us trying to go to the playoffs.

I stand by my original thought process, THAT is stupid!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

No hyperbole at all. Voht should only play once a week. Two times tops.

I agree. The hyperbole is talking like it's a fireable offense and worst blunders in history type thing. Maybe I'm using hyperbole a touch wrong but I think you know what I mean in general, the general over-dramatization and exaggeration to make the point. It seems every day someone basically says something in his lineup is absolutely dumb, so the one today doesn't really stand out. Whatever, it's not a big deal.

I agree. The hyperbole is talking like it's a fireable offense and worst blunders in history type thing. Maybe I'm using hyperbole a touch wrong but I think you know what I mean in general, the general over-dramatization and exaggeration to make the point. It seems every day someone basically says something in his lineup is absolutely dumb, so the one today doesn't really stand out. Whatever, it's not a big deal.

If, as I suggested before, this team loses a game during this playoff chase because of Vogt's defense, playing as much as he is now, I don't think his firing would be hyperbole at all. He won't get fired but still...

I said it COULD be one of the worst blunders, not that it is/was...Also, no one said CC should be fired. Seems like maybe you are using hyperbole to prove your point.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived