Brewer Fanatic

2017-09-18: Brewers (Suter) at Pirates (Taillon) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-0]

hawing
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha, not many conspiracy theorists on here...I suspect management has at least some say on general lineup philosophy, even if they are not filling out the lineup card.

Meanwhile--big opportunity here to open up a lead.

I mean I would guess if Stearns, Melvin, Arnold, etc. comes to Counsell and says "I think this lineup philosophy makes sense, I think you should bat the pitcher 8th and this guy 9th because I expect to create this many more runs," he would take it under advisement and give it due consideration. But ultimately I think it's all Counsell's call and no one above him is going to overrule him.

There's the Braun luck I've come accustomed too. Crap.

What happened?

Just smoked a ball right at the 3B is all.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

So Bill would rather have 0 runs and 1 out with no guarantee of a run than 1 rum and 2 outs?

Pretty sure his assessment was based on Sogard's decision to run and getting out leaving runners at 1st and 2nd with one out rather than Sogard staying put and them turning the double play. So no run scores either way, he'd just rather have 1st and 2nd with 1 out than man on 3rd with 2 outs.

I'm right there with you, play your guns, not hunches or misplaced loyalties...

How much say does Counsell have in lineup decisions?

Are you saying he doesn't decide his starting line-up?

Seriously, your comment leads me to believe you know something I don't... Does he take input on his starting line-up from Attanasio, Stearns?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Santana could've booted that ball around out there. Diaz playing for the stats maybe.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

No, Brian, Walker did not sign with the Mets as a free agent. He was traded to them for Jon Niese. Do a two second Google search before talking. It isn't hard.

Ya, BA seems to have little clue about player acquisitions. He spent a chunk of time during the Reds series talking about how Scooter signed there because he was born there and was comfortable with the area. Completely ignoring the fact he was a waiver claim and had zero say in his destination.

Archived