LF Jordan Luplow ®

CF Andrew McCutchen ®

3B David Freese ®

1B Jose Osuna ®

RF Gregory Polanco (L)

2B Sean Rodriguez ®

C Elias Diaz ®

RHP Jameson Taillon ®

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 out of 3, let's go!

If we did happen to sweep, boy would this weekend series be an interesting one.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If we win all remaining series (including 3/4 from the Cubs) we would finish with 86 wins.

The Cubs remaining games (besides us) are:

4 @ StL

2 @ TB

3 vs CIN

They would need to go 3-6 in those games for a division tie. If we sweep them and win our other series they would need to go 4-5 in those games for a division tie.

The Rockies remaining games are:

2 @ SF

4 @ SD

3 vs MIA

3 vs LAD

They would need to go 6-6 in those games if we will every series, forcing a play-in game for the play-in game.

I think winning all remaining series is a must.

plz win so when I go tomorrow .500 is on the line k thx

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

If we win all remaining series (including 3/4 from the Cubs) we would finish with 86 wins.

4 @ StL

2 @ TB

3 vs CIN

They would need to go 3-6 in those games for a division tie. If we sweep them and win our other series they would need to go 4-5 in those games for a division tie.

2 @ SF

4 @ SD

3 vs MIA

3 vs LAD

They would need to go 6-6 in those games if we will every series, forcing a play-in game for the play-in game.

If we sweep the cubs, we would be even so we would just have to do better than they are. So if we also win our other series (go 6-3), the cubs would have to go 5-4 for the Brewers to win the division outright. Brewers at 89-73 to the cubs at 88-74. If we only take 3/4 and win our other series (6-3) and end up at 88-74, now the cubs going 5-4 would be a division tie with a play-in game. Or did I do the math wrong?

Overall, that's still asking us to go 10-3 and the cubs to go 5-8 (or 9-4, 5-8 for a tie), but you have to win to get in.

4 @ StL

2 @ TB

3 vs CIN

2 @ SF

4 @ SD

3 vs MIA

3 vs LAD

If we sweep the cubs, we would be even so we would just have to do better than they are. So if we also win our other series (go 6-3), the cubs would have to go 5-4 for the Brewers to win the division outright. Brewers at 89-73 to the cubs at 88-74. If we only take 3/4 and win our other series (6-3) and end up at 88-74, now the cubs going 5-4 would be a division tie with a play-in game. Or did I do the math wrong?

Overall, that's still asking us to go 10-3 and the cubs to go 5-8 (or 9-4, 5-8 for a tie), but you have to win to get in.

Nope you are right for some reason I was counting us starting with 77 win today. I must have been looking at some old standing. Winning all remaining series puts us at 88 wins.

He seems to be in love with Perez lately. He hasn't been doing bad but he hasn't been doing anything special either, just his normal self. Not sure why the sudden urgency for him to play every game. Has there been anything about Santana being hurt a bit? I haven't seen anything

Santana not playing is getting absolutely ridiculous.

He has to despise Santana. He did this same thing last year and Santana isn't exactly old enough to need days off.

It's just a way to get his pet Perez in there. I'm hoping they make Villar the super sub next year and trade Perez. One of the reasons is it may be the only way Counsell won't overplay him

For what it's worth, Perez is 5 for 11 with 3 homers against Taillon

That explains it for today then. Thanks. Perez has been fine lately, nothing to be mad about. It's just been clear since the Villar CF day that it's been a push for Perez since then. I know they like to say he's the best OF on the team and overall good at D whatever the position, so that could be a part of it too after the Villar botched ball in CF to make D more of a priority.

For what it's worth, Perez is 5 for 11 with 3 homers against Taillon

Don't confuse us with facts. Craig Counsell is the worst manager ever.

Some more confusing facts: Santana's OPS+ is roughly 40 points higher than Perez. So the difference is between a good or bad hitter. I think I know who I'd play if I was trying to get in the playoffs

Listen, playing a hot hand is one thing but sitting one out best hitters to do so in a playoff push is ridiculous. It's not calling Counsell the worst manager or anything close to it. It's simply questioning his decision and for good reason. Heck, maybe Santana is hurt and we just don't know. But god forbid we question it. :rolleyes
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I would bet Santana gets the first big PH opportunity; Suter isn't going to go very long tonight I'd think so I wouldn't be surprised to see Santana enter the game and Perez move into the IF.

Meaningful September baseball is so great.

*Edit - also glad to see Phillips in the lineup tonight. I kind of feel like he's our best option in CF right now, Keon is just swinging through too many hittable pitches at the moment.

Listen, playing a hot hand is one thing but sitting one out best hitters to do so in a playoff push is ridiculous. It's not calling Counsell the worst manager or anything close to it. It's simply questioning his decision and for good reason. Heck, maybe Santana is hurt and we just don't know. But god forbid we question it. :rolleyes

I think Santana is hurting. He exited a game a few games back after a HR and it came out on Twitter he hurt his shoulder...the exact quote was something "those can linger". I'll try to find it.

EDIT: Here it is:

Tweaked his trap...maybe it is lingering.

Sometimes I get annoyed by all the PNC love. Yes, the view is great. The ballpark? Meh.

What don't you like about the ballpark?

What don't you like about the ballpark?

There's nothing I didn't like, just nothing that stood out about it to me either. It deserves credit for the setting, it's a great view. I guess it's just that without the view, it's just a ballpark. And if we're factoring in the setting in general, the area and atmosphere around the park was pretty dead when we went.

No ill will towards the park, I don't dislike it, just other parks I'd put above it on my list.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Archived