Brewer Fanatic

2017-09-16: Brewers (Davies) "at" Marlins (Conley) at Miller Park, 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-4]

hawing
We're 1 and 0 on these games? And if anything it just proves the point that you can't predict what'll happen. We had our best P on fire going tonight vs a guy having an awful year and look where we're at. Just like Cubs having the P advantage this time doesn't for sure mean the games are a loss, yea your percent goes down but in baseball anything can happen.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not saying they don't have a chance. Just saying expecting to take 3 or sweep is highly unrealistic. These are the games we need to be winning and we're not. We got a gift by getting these games at home and we're not taking advantage of it.

Uh, we are 1-0 the last time I checked in these games.

Not sure what 1-0 means.

Maybe going to Garza wouldn't of been a bad strategy. Dang Davies. Not the time.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

We can't burn our BP this early with Woodruff going tomorrow. Not to mention we don't have a single day off next week. We just have to ride Davies out and hope he doesn't get hit up anymore but if it becomes a throwaway, then so be it. We'll have to try and get it back somehow.

At this point in the season you worry about winning the game in front of you and worry about tomorrow tomorrow. Obviously if it becomes 12-1 then yeah it's a throwaway game but if your offense is clicking and make it 6-3 here or whatever for instance, you do what you can to win today.

There are more than enough arms available in the pen and more available a phone call away. Woodruff going tomorrow also doesn't really have anything to do with it as he is as capable of going deep into games as anyone else on this staff and just because he had a clunker last time doesn't change that.

Ok, I have no problem taking a shot here. You need runs now and you've got two on.

But you've got Walker on your bench. Why Bandy??

Yea him or Villar I'd have taken over Bandy. I suppose save them for later to hit when they can hit lefty instead since they're better as lefties, that's my guess.

Really that have hit the ball hard tonight, just no luck at all. Could easily have two or three more runs and be right in it

Just dumb. You had your shot there, a long ball gets you within 6-4. You've got a loaded bench and you take a shot with Bandy who is barely an upgrade from a pitcher. Just a nonsensical move by Counsell. Might as well have just left Davies in to bunt.

I don't remember the results that inning but I don't think the number of pitches matters for when the ball goes in play.

No it doesnt, also shows they werent willing to draw walks that inning. I dont think ever having a 4 pitch inning is a good thing, I am sure someone will argue it though.

Archived