Brewer Fanatic

Jeffress to start tonight...

TURBO
It's definitely more of a culture shock for Wilkerson. Normally he knows days ahead of time exactly when he'll be pitching. Now he will get like 3 batters of lead time.

Where has it been stated that Wilkerson is even pitching in this game? I missed that part.

If he isn't making this start, exactly what start do you think he's going to make? Him not starting today is a crystal clear indication that he isn't being brought up to start but to pitch in relief. Whether it's today, tomorrow, whenever...it will be in relief. I really shouldn't have had to spell this out for you...should have been very easy to piece together yourself.

Looks like tomorrow:

It's definitely more of a culture shock for Wilkerson. Normally he knows days ahead of time exactly when he'll be pitching. Now he will get like 3 batters of lead time.

Where has it been stated that Wilkerson is even pitching in this game? I missed that part.

If he isn't making this start, exactly what start do you think he's going to make? Him not starting today is a crystal clear indication that he isn't being brought up to start but to pitch in relief. Whether it's today, tomorrow, whenever...it will be in relief. I really shouldn't have had to spell this out for you...should have been very easy to piece together yourself.

This is actually really funny now. Especially the condescending overall tone. It's almost like Counsell made the decision to start Wilkerson tonight just to spite you ;)

This is actually really funny now. Especially the condescending overall tone. It's almost like Counsell made the decision to start Wilkerson tonight just to spite you ;)

Whoops. Seems to be a lot of this going on here lately.

Whoops. Seems to be a lot of this going on here lately.

Ha! Counsel must read these forums, or he just does weird illogical things to mess with us. Clearly I was wrong on this one, apologies for the tone. It's also possible that they are only planning on using him 2-3 innings regardless and making this a bullpen game. Him/Jeffress/Hughes/Barnes/Hader to get through the first 7-8 innings. I'm so curious, and I've been so skeptical of Counsel lately. I thought he had made mostly solid or at least reasonable decision up until the last month or so. Maybe after the last start he realized starting Jeffress was silly and to use the actual starting pitcher to lead off the game with Jeffress coming in second. We'll never know the reasons, Counsel can find a way to put a win on the board...I don't really care what he does.

At this point I'd think even most adamant Counsell bashers have to admit the overall handling of the pitching staff through this stretch has been great, the results speak for themselves.

I get more bent about his lineup decisions and tinkering too much with that. Once in a while I feel like he makes a bad decision with the bullpen but overall I think he has a good sense for when to pull guys. The most recent gaffe I remember was leaving Barnes in to face votto with 2 on and 20+ pitches in to his outing. The Wilkerson decision baffles me, but in fairness like you said...these bullpen games up to this point have been a success.

Archived