Brewer Fanatic

Indians

Surhoff5

That had to be one of the most fun non-Brewer/non postseason games that I have watched. Down to their last strike, Lindor doubles to tie it and then a walk off in the 10th.

I can't even fathom a baseball team winning 22 in a row. Incredible!

That had to be one of the most fun non-Brewer/non postseason games that I have watched. Down to their last strike, Lindor doubles to tie it and then a walk off in the 10th.

I can't even fathom a baseball team winning 22 in a row. Incredible!

All of that is true, but you still can't wear their hat.

At least my buddy had an extra ticket for the Wednesday afternoon (game #21) so I could see in person the A's/ Moneyball get knocked down a notch.

I really started to think today (Thursday) would be the end of the streak as Tomlin is the weakest rotation link. Now that the Tribe has won, its really going to be interesting WHEN the streak might end. The final 3 of the homestand against features:

Bauer on Friday night & he has finally turned the corner & taken the step forward many hoped he could.

Carrasco goes Saturday late afternoon (been steady all season long) & the shadows will make him even harder on the batters.

Then its Kluber on Sunday (on a Cy Young mission) before an off day on Monday & west coast trip to LA for the Angels & then Seattle for the Mariners.

This is a fun ride...

PS: with the game today we no longer have ANY player that played in all 22. The only one left thru 21 was Giovanni Urshela and he was the last position player on the bench for Tito tonight..

The tanking of teams post trade deadline is killing the game. Not to discount what they've done, it's amazing, but half of the 22 game streak was against teams in full tanking mode, the Tigers and White Sox. I'd be more impressed if it was May.

Watching the "effort" put forward by the tanking Mets against the Cubs was a case in point. That's major league baseball? I can't remember a time when we've seen more double digit scoring against teams throwing out minor league pitchers night after night.

Indians (proximity) and Twins (Molitor) have my AL teams since the brewers moved to the NL. stoked on how good both teams have been, but the indians have just been unreal, and without Miller!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

The tanking of teams post trade deadline is killing the game. Not to discount what they've done, it's amazing, but half of the 22 game streak was against teams in full tanking mode, the Tigers and White Sox. I'd be more impressed if it was May.

Watching the "effort" put forward by the tanking Mets against the Cubs was a case in point. That's major league baseball? I can't remember a time when we've seen more double digit scoring against teams throwing out minor league pitchers night after night.

Because the "tanking" Reds just rolled over for the Brewers.

I do find the 30 updates a day on their winning streak from the MLB app to be annoying.

I'm with ya. Although if it were the Brewers I don't even know what I would do with myself.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Because the "tanking" Reds just rolled over for the Brewers.

Yeah that's what I thought of. Last place team crushed the Brewers. Wish they had been tanking haha

I wouldn't consider the Tigers in particular to be a tanking team. They were obviously a below average team and their future outlook was not very bright, so they traded away some upcoming free agents and aging players with large contracts. That's just smart for a team that obviously needed to rebuild. If anything, the fact that they held Verlander an extra month shows that they were willing to hold out at long as they could to see if the team could be competitive.

If people want to use the word "tank" it's best applied to the San Diego Padres. Kept three Rule V players on their roster the entire year, and none of them had any business being in the majors.

-Miguel Diaz = 37 2/3 innings pitched, 6.21 ERA, 1.51 WHIP

-Luis Torrens = 118 at bats, .169/.246/.212./.458

-Allen Cordoba = 191 at bats, .209/.284/.304/.587

I was annoyed enough when the Brewers did this with Wang as once it got a couple months into the season it was obvious that his spot on the team was really wearing on the bullpen and left the manager shorthanded. But to do this with three players, none of which had any business in being above A ball this year?! IMO a crappy move to do that to Padre season ticket holders. This is the definition of tanking. I've always liked the Rule V concept because it's provides a chance for a blocked AAAA player in one organization to get his chance to play in the majors in another organization and potentially help the team. It's not there for major league teams to waste MLB seasons on A-ball players who weren't considered by their previous organizations to have the upside to protect by addition to the 40 man roster. Again, IMO a real low class move by the Padres to do this to their paying customers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And not to hijack this thread from the Indians. Pretty incredible when looking at some of the numbers. Since the All-Star Break they've used seven different pitchers to start games, and the worst ERA among those seven pitchers over that timeframe is 3.46. Highest ERA among the seven most used relievers since the All-Star break is 3.67 (doesn't include Andrew Miller as he only had 12 appearances since the break...and 4 of those 7 relievers has an ERA of 2.57 or less). The batters have slashed .266/.345/.465/.810 since the All-Star break, only the Cubs and Twins have scored more runs. Really incredible run. Their fans just have to hope that they didn't peak a month too early and it will all come crashing down as soon as they get into the playoffs.

The Indians seem really loaded. Most of the same team from last year except now they have Edwin Encarnacion & Jay Bruce. Jose Ramirez is playing out of his mind, Francisco Lindor is suddenly a 30 HR guy while maintaining the Gold Glove D at short, and Kluber is finding his groove at the right time.
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
So trading off assets and rebuilding your farm system is now considered tanking.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

If teams that are out of it, are playing young guys to have a look at the future, I don't consider that tanking...

Tanking to me means you are trying to lose, I don't see that happening anyplace.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived