Brewer Fanatic

Green Bay Packers roster moves

LouisEly

As expected, Allison was activated and the team released LaDarius Gunter. A bit surprising on the surface, as Gunter played the most snaps at CB of anyone last year, but that was due to the injuries to Shields, Randall, Rollins, and Goodson. The drafing of King, the signing of House, the signing of Pipkins, and signing Brown to the practice squad made Gunter expendable as all are more talented and/or more athletic.

Rumors that Rickey Jean Francois was put on the waiver wire, but as of now he's still on the Packers official roster. Two sources said he was on the waiver wire; might have been contingencies for waiver claims if someone fell to the Packers. But for now he's still a Packer.

As expected, Allison was activated and the team released LaDarius Gunter. A bit surprising on the surface, as Gunter played the most snaps at CB of anyone last year, but that was due to the injuries to Shields, Randall, Rollins, and Goodson. The drafing of King, the signing of House, the signing of Pipkins, and signing Brown to the practice squad made Gunter expendable as all are more talented and/or more athletic.

Rumors that Rickey Jean Francois was put on the waiver wire, but as of now he's still on the Packers official roster. Two sources said he was on the waiver wire; might have been contingencies for waiver claims if someone fell to the Packers. But for now he's still a Packer.

That was what I had heard. They had told the league office that if they were awarded a claim they were going to release him. If it truly is Ringo...I'm kinda conflicted. What did you see in the last week that makes you believe Ringo's now better and more worthy of a spot than Francois? The move cost you nearly 1.7 million had you done it before last week. On other hand, had better to right a wrong and admit a mistake than stick to your guns to save face. I really liked Ringo, but I'm not sure if that's just because he looks like Daniels and has played a LITTLE like him in some limited pre-season snaps. Or maybe this move was entirely because of the addition of Dial. I really like our top 3 DL in Daniels, Clark and Lowry. I kinda wish we played a bit more base with them, but we seem to favor the 2-4-5 now with 3 safeties on a lot of plays so not that big.

Gunter was a surprise after he made the 53 man. I thought there was an outside shot he'd get let go with the play of Hawkins and the health of Randall and Rollins, but it sounds like he may stick around and play on the practice squad. Honestly it doesn't make much sense to me to keep sooo many mediocre backup OL. McCray or Patrick would seem to be more obvious choices...but...I don't make the decisions.

Archived