Brewer Fanatic

2018 Schedule

Bombers

Brewers/ NL Central will match up with the AL Central for inter-league games. Granted the Crew already plays the Twins (finally starting to contend again), but it also means ChiSox (rebuilding), Detroit (rebuilding), KC Royals (likely entering a rebuild), & Cleveland (WS/AL champ contender).

A year that opening day would work out to be on a Thurs/Fri instead of a Monday and we're on the road and still get a Monday opening day, like normal since we're almost always at home to start. 2012 Friday opener was the best setup you can ask, game started at 3 so you don't have to get going super early. Game gets over after rush hour and it's over early on a Friday night so anyone can get home at a reasonable hour and don't have to rush out. Plus it's a Friday so no work the next day. Just our luck though.

Closing out at Home playing Detroit. That's old.

I know someone has to do the American League and National League series to close out the season but it's still odd to see on the schedule.

It is the lone inter-league match-up that final weekend

It might be a competitive advantage if the Crew is still competing for a spot. Cubs play the Cards & Pirates play the Reds that final weekend...

Unless something drastically changes the Tigers might be on pace to lose 115 next season...

And another year without the Brewers travelling to Baltimore. *sigh* I get a 3 game set in Washington, if I want to go there again. *double sigh*

Interleague rotates by division, so the NL Central will face the AL East next in 2020. Pretty crazy that the Orioles came to Milwaukee again this year, the Brewers were last there in 2003, not sure how they determine home/away.

I'm a little disappointed the series in Kansas City isn't before or after a series in St. Louis, I was considering making a road trip out there and knocking out both stadiums at once.

They finally play at Minnesota on a weekend. Been years since that happened; everything recently has been during the week. I've wanted to go see them there, but it's always been during the week.

Lots of weekday games at the Cubs, which should make tickets easier and cheaper to come by.

Interleague rotates by division, so the NL Central will face the AL East next in 2020.

I just hope Mike Trout and the Angels come to Miller Park in 2019. If so I'm going to as many of those as I can.

My kid is disappointed that Cleveland is playing a Tues/Wed in May, he's a high school Baseball player so won't be able to go and would love to see the Indians. Oh well... I kidded with him "don't worry we'll go see the Reds for the 20th time in your life later that summer." He didn't think that was so funny.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Interleague rotates by division, so the NL Central will face the AL East next in 2020.

I just hope Mike Trout and the Angels come to Miller Park in 2019. If so I'm going to as many of those as I can.

My kid is disappointed that Cleveland is playing a Tues/Wed in May, he's a high school Baseball player so won't be able to go and would love to see the Indians. Oh well... I kidded with him "don't worry we'll go see the Reds for the 20th time in your life later that summer." He didn't think that was so funny.

I'm a baseball coach. If a father came up to me and said I want to take my son to a pro baseball game so that he can see Mike Trout live. I would tell them thank you for doing so and I'll set up some individual practice time with him to work on some skills we did during the practice he missed. Can't replace those memories and what he will learn from going to see something like that.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I too have seen them play the Reds a couple trillion times by no intentional reason. Johnny Cueto almost ALWAYS pitched too. Then my friend took me to a double header White Sox vs. Kansas City Royals...ANNNNND Johnny Cueto for I think the 3rd time that year for me...think it was my 4th or 5th game total.

Amazing we won't play against the Rockies to open things or play a divisional foe to end things.

I'm a baseball coach. If a father came up to me and said I want to take my son to a pro baseball game so that he can see Mike Trout live. I would tell them thank you for doing so and I'll set up some individual practice time with him to work on some skills we did during the practice he missed. Can't replace those memories and what he will learn from going to see something like that.

I wish there were more coaches with that attitude. The two head coaches I've coached under take it like a personal offense if a kid misses practice to go to a Brewer game.

To be clear, my Kid wouldn't want to miss a practice to attend a Brewers game. He's a little Baseball crazed. His disappointment is in the luck of the draw of the schedule, not that he can't go. I do think it is cool that you have that attitude as a coach.

Not to veer too off topic but the Angels are playing at Minnesota June 7-9 2018, so we might plan a road trip for that.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

I was just saying to someone yesterday that the greatness of Trout is seriously being underplayed in the overall media and pop culture. He honestly might be the best baseball player to ever live and he's playing right now but no one seems to care. For comparison, look at the nonstop coverage of a LBJ who is possibly the best ever too. Or the Manning/Brady debates for years. I'm not bashing that coverage per se, I'm just saying it's not there with Trout. It of course hurts that his team hasn't been a winner and he plays west coast and not for the Dodgers, but he's seriously being underappreciated by the general public.

Problem with that line of thinking is that then you would have to extend that same deal to all the players when they want to do the same thing with other players/teams, etc... Then you'd have to figure out which ones are telling you the truth, and which ones are just trying to get out of practice. That would be a huge can of worms, but if you are willing to have all those extra one on one practice times, have at it...

(I coached high school varsity baseball and volleyball for years, I understand the ins and outs of all that is involved...lol)

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Problem with that line of thinking is that then you would have to extend that same deal to all the players when they want to do the same thing with other players/teams, etc... Then you'd have to figure out which ones are telling you the truth, and which ones are just trying to get out of practice. That would be a huge can of worms, but if you are willing to have all those extra one on one practice times, have at it...

(I coached high school varsity baseball and volleyball for years, I understand the ins and outs of all that is involved...lol)

Yeah I'm willing to. Kids have to be kids and have experiences as well. If some parent came to me and explained to me this situation, I would figure out a way to make it work.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived