Brewer Fanatic

Marlins series moved out of Miami? (Yup, to Miller Park - see reply #40)

PinaMadness
Season ticket holders must have gotten dibs on the field diamond box. There were absolutely never any at 10am. Friday sold out pretty fast, only scraps left at this point.

I'm unaware of season ticket holders having an edge at access to these seats. At least, if the SO got an email about it, he didn't tell me. His is the name on our account so he gets the official emails. When I called our rep this morning with a separate question, his outgoing voice mail message said that this weekend's tickets were a box office/general ticket office/website affair, which further gave me the impression that SSHs were not first in line.

There is definitely a StubHub presence for this weekend's relocated games, though. I didn't peruse deeply to see how many were for field diamond box.

Adam McCalvy has also corrected some information I heard last night. The Brewers will not be wearing road uniforms this weekend: their usual pinstripes on (retro) Friday and whites on Sat/Sun.

They'll also take BP first, as would usually be the case.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Season ticket holders must have gotten dibs on the field diamond box. There were absolutely never any at 10am. Friday sold out pretty fast, only scraps left at this point.

I was told by my season ticket rep that, as this is a Marlins home series, they didn't have access to the ticketing system and couldn't help me get seats. I had to go through the website like everyone else, but I still managed to score two 7th row Diamond Box seats behind the home dugout for Sunday's game.

Well I can honestly say when the site opened at 10am those diamond box seat we extremely limitted if not unavailable. The seat map doesn't update well and if you looked at it towards the start diamond box was bare while the infield seats behind the diamond box were full.

So not sure how that all worked. All I am saying is there is absolutely no way those tickets were first come first served for diamond box at 10am.

I finally got $15 infield box seats for my wife and I but it took forever to get in the system. Lots of error messages and the like...

Finally worked. Really wanted a crack at the Field diamond since I have never taken in a game in those seats... GRRRRRR!

They were sold out when I went to get tickets right at 10:00.

That is strange, I finally got in at 10:45ish...I got to the site at 10:30 due to work obligations.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I'm guessing some tickets were held for people who showed up in person at the box office. On the news tonight they showed what seemed like a ridiculously long line at Miller Park. They probably didn't want someone to stand in line for an hour starting at 10:00 only to not get tickets because they were all gobbled up online in no time.

On a side note, I'm not really sure why you'd drive to the box office and wait in line for a long time when you can just buy them online in almost no time. I guess maybe people really like getting actual hard tickets instead of print-at-home tickets, or would rather wait in line than pay a few bucks in convenience fees. I guess maybe if you have nothing better to do.

When buying tickets I prefer buying at Miller Park because then there are no convenience fees which add up and I do prefer the hard tickets to the print at home. However, when you are trying to get tickets to a high demand game you certainly can buy them faster and have a better chance at the cheap diamond box seats going online.

The people at Miller Park didn't seem to get an special treatment like they do at the artic tailgate. In Twitter those people were absolutely steaming mad at how long it took. One person claimed to be 11th in line and did not get DB seats.

I understand if you want to save money that's a good option, but wow no thanks for me.

I couldn't even get the tickets to print at home. It kept giving me an error. I had to get them sent to the ballpark app...which I had to download and then create s new account. I have all 4 tickets on my phone, so hopefully the ushers don't hassle us.

Why would they hassle you? People have tickets on their phones all the time.

Yes, you may have to pull up the app and show one of the tickets to an usher.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Friday will feel like a home game for the Marlins...only 10k in attendance.

That would be a lot of fans if the game was in Miami. ;) For some reason they just don't get fans to go to games there. It looks like a decent place too with a/c.

I would think they wouldn't do Bernie. Limited tickets is so they don't have to fully staff the park; they'll probably keep things minimal. Anyway, the clubhouse is one thing, but if I was the Marlins I wouldn't put up with Brewers celebration stuff.

I thought I heard, when the Brewers TV guys were talking about the Marlins' playing the Yankees at Citi Field, that the league can only relocate games to a neutral park. Obviously that turns out not to be right. Does anybody know what rules or protocols govern in a situation like this?

I love the idea of giving the proceeds to hurricane relief. (The students at my school are doing a chili cook-off next week as a hurricane relief fundraiser, and I'm one of the faculty judges. I am sad that it took horrible hurricanes to realize my lifelong dream of judging a chili cook-off.)

If they do give the proceeds to Irma relief that would be wonderful. We got lucky and our home was spared but there are too many people really suffering. There is no power in our community and folks down there are miserable without a/c. :tongue

I couldn't even get the tickets to print at home. It kept giving me an error. I had to get them sent to the ballpark app...which I had to download and then create s new account. I have all 4 tickets on my phone, so hopefully the ushers don't hassle us.

Because if the 3 people without the phone get up to get food/bathroom they don't have a ticket to show where they're supposed to be.

Because if the 3 people without the phone get up to get food/bathroom they don't have a ticket to show where they're supposed to be.

Correct. That's what I am concerned about.

I am a season seat holder, but I was able to get 4 diamondbox tickets to the friday game...section 115. I also tried to get them for sunday out of curiosity after I got the friday ones and could have, but didn't want to attend 2 games. So they had some available, I suspect some people had early dibs on teh primo tickets and a ton of people were clicking that link the second the clock hit 10 am thursday.

Correct. That's what I am concerned about.

Final Four for college basketball does everything by an app. So if you have 4 on your phone you have to all go in together and then move around together to not risk issues like this. They're doing it to make scalping more difficult, so I get it but it was a bit of a concern. Especially for the UW games when obviously everyone is getting quite buzzed up before the game so you're liable to lose a person here or there.

I just got an e-mail saying that Bud Selig bought a block of tickets and it giving them away to Boy Scouts and their families for free, limit 8. So it's looking like the weekend will be a "sellout".

My wife got free tickets through the girl scouts yesterday. I wonder if that's related?

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Archived