Brewer Fanatic

Marlins series moved out of Miami? (Yup, to Miller Park - see reply #40)

PinaMadness
You guys are looking way to deeply into this. The Marlins are the ones who wanted to play in Milwaukee. This was their idea. As someone else mentioned this will likely be a home game in all honesty. Only difference is when we bat and maybe we end up wearing actual road jerseys. I am sure we will have all our celebrations like normal. If they wanted the most boring depressing experience ever for fans they would have sent us to a neutral site.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You guys are looking way to deeply into this.

We do this and do it well. :laughing

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

You guys are looking way to deeply into this.

We do this and do it well. :laughing

Haha that we do, that we do. Maybe they stick the Marlins mascot up on Bernie's slide.

I think they both should be up there. That'd be pretty cool. But you are right, the game is played in Milwaukee. Other than batting first and wearing roadies, it'll be pretty much the same.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I actually wish the Brewers would've had a better jump on this and made this game huge. Sort of like where people call in to bid on things to raise money for whatever it is they raise money for, they could have teamed up with the Marlins and made this one of those games where they had cool things to win from the Marlins and Brewers for a price to donate to the Hurricane stuff.

How many people are gonna buy up those tickets to try to make a profit off of them? Feels like a perfect opportunity for those people/companies.

How many people are gonna buy up those tickets to try to make a profit off of them? Feels like a perfect opportunity for those people/companies.

I just mentioned this to my dad. I bet tickets will be up on StubHub for at least double the price.

He called me to see if I could try the site because he kept getting error messages when he tried buying tickets. I did, too, when I tried. I'm guessing the site was getting slammed. My dad eventually got to the next step in the purchase process, so he hung up on me in order to focus. :)

I just mentioned this to my dad. I bet tickets will be up on StubHub for at least double the price.

He called me to see if I could try the site because he kept getting error messages when he tried buying tickets. I did, too, when I tried. I'm guessing the site was getting slammed. My dad eventually got to the next step in the purchase process, so he hung up on me in order to focus. :)

HAHA, nice. I just went on there and didn't have much of an issue. The Field Diamond Box are all but taken but there are plenty of the Field Infield Box tickets left. Hopefully people of the Milwaukee area take advantage of his and "pack" it as much as possible to give it a home game like feeling.

I'm guessing the Brewers will be in the home clubhouse. I believe that when the Indians and Angels played here in 2007, the Indians were the home team but chose the visitors' clubhouse because the Brewers left some areas of the home clubhouse locked. I assume this situation is similar and therefore it will be to both teams' advantage if the Brewers are in their usual dugout/clubhouse and the Marlins are on the visitors side.

As far as other things like Bernie Brewer, music, PA announcements, etc it will be interesting to see what happens. My guess is that the game will basically be a home game for us from that perspective. We will just be wearing gray instead of white and batting in the top of the inning instead of the bottom.

Not surprisingly, this was a hot topic of conversation at Wednesday night's game. We learned from our usher pals that the Brewers will be in their regular clubhouse and dugout, but will dress and bat as the visiting team.

They are limiting attendance because they don't expect to be able to field a full staff of employees on such short notice. The end result is kind of like the end-of-spring-training exhibition games. I don't know if the selection of concessions will be affected, but I would not be entirely surprised if the full regular slate of food wasn't available.

None of us knows the truly inside story, but my guess is the Brewers were tabbed because they have some experience with being a weather-related backup host for games, and doing so on short notice. I can see why fans of other teams in the race would be salty about Brewers fans getting three bonus games in Milwaukee, but for salty Cubs fans I would dare to remind them of their hurricane series with the Astros in 2008. There is nooooo reason to assume that the Brewers will make hay with this relocated series.

We're going on Sunday and I'm looking forward to seeing what's different. The Brewers should obtain video of the Marlins' home run sculpture thingy, and play it if Stanton or another Marlin goes yard.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Community Moderator

Not surprisingly, this was a hot topic of conversation at Wednesday night's game. We learned from our usher pals that the Brewers will be in their regular clubhouse and dugout, but will dress and bat as the visiting team.

They are limiting attendance because they don't expect to be able to field a full staff of employees on such short notice. The end result is kind of like the end-of-spring-training exhibition games. I don't know if the selection of concessions will be affected, but I would not be entirely surprised if the full regular slate of food wasn't available.

None of us knows the truly inside story, but my guess is the Brewers were tabbed because they have some experience with being a weather-related backup host for games, and doing so on short notice. I can see why fans of other teams in the race would be salty about Brewers fans getting three bonus games in Milwaukee, but for salty Cubs fans I would dare to remind them of their hurricane series with the Astros in 2008. There is nooooo reason to assume that the Brewers will make hay with this relocated series.

We're going on Sunday and I'm looking forward to seeing what's different. The Brewers should obtain video of the Marlins' home run sculpture thingy, and play it if Stanton or another Marlin goes yard.

Interesting stuff, thanks for the info hawing. A successful weekend should further increase the likelihood that Milwaukee will be tabbed for relocated games in the future.

I wish I could get $10 tickets when I'm in town during the Cubs series next weekend, but the cheapest terrace seats are going for $50 on Stubhub. That's higher than some of the 2011 playoff games!

None of us knows the truly inside story, but my guess is the Brewers were tabbed because they have some experience with being a weather-related backup host for games, and doing so on short notice.

There were a few reasons given according to the Brewers:

1) That is what the Marlins preferred if the game could not be in Miami.

2)Miller Park was the only back-up ever considered because the Marlins wanted to wait it out as long as possible to see if it could be played in Miami. This leaves little time to find other arrangements and makes it a huge hastle.

3) MLB was also more than OK with it being in Miller Park because we have a roof. That way there is no potential for even more problems if the game were to be rained out.

I finally got $15 infield box seats for my wife and I but it took forever to get in the system. Lots of error messages and the like...

Finally worked. Really wanted a crack at the Field diamond since I have never taken in a game in those seats... GRRRRRR!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I finally got $15 infield box seats for my wife and I but it took forever to get in the system. Lots of error messages and the like...

Finally worked. Really wanted a crack at the Field diamond since I have never taken in a game in those seats... GRRRRRR!

They were sold out when I went to get tickets right at 10:00.

Just open it all up and tell people only select concessions will be open. Come on Milwaukee. Get er done!

Archived