Brewer Fanatic

Marlins series moved out of Miami? (Yup, to Miller Park - see reply #40)

PinaMadness
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Wow, didn't see that coming. I can imagine the Cubs fans crying about this one, and rightfully so.

After the rain out with no rain and the switch to the night game they can pretty much suck it.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A statement from Marlins President David Samson reads as follows:

“Major League Baseball in conjunction with the Miami Marlins, agreed that it is in the best interest of our community to relocate this weekend’s Marlins games against the Milwaukee Brewers to Milwaukee. Marlins Park stood ready to host the games, but we all agreed that burdening public service resources was not the proper course of action. Following Hurricane Irma, the Miami Marlins realize that all of our employees, as well as our entire community, have other needs that must take priority at this time. The Miami Marlins look forward to returning home on Monday to play the New York Mets.”

http://fox6now.com/2017/09/13/marlins-games-against-brewers-will-be-played-in-milwaukee-instead-of-at-marlins-park/

great move! I hope that the ticket revenue goes to Hurricane Irma relief, or to the Marlins to donate to Irma programs.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Wow, didn't see that coming. I can imagine the Cubs fans crying about this one, and rightfully so.

After the rain out with no rain and the switch to the night game they can pretty much suck it.

Yea for sure. From their perspective though, "brewers whine and complained about a rainout and moving a game back a few hours, now they're getting 3 extra home games..."

I call it karma.

Haha, you nailed.

And so did Jericcho. This all but assures they lose 2/3 this weekend the way this unpredictable season has gone

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Yea for sure. From their perspective though, "brewers whine and complained about a rainout and moving a game back a few hours, now they're getting 3 extra home games..."

Oh they'll say that for sure....big difference is that this is the league making the decision and not the team.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Definitely getting some tickets for this. Was sad no more cheap weekend series were left(Cubs last one).

Amazing MLB is allowing this, but we have an upper hand having a roof. Last thing they want is rainouts this late in the season in this situation.

So how far are they going to go with this home team/away team at Miller Park? I assume we'll be batting in the top of the inning. Voice inflection for lineup introductions in favor of the Marlins? Sitting in the visitor's clubhouse? Excited animations on the scoreboard for when we strike out or the Marlins make a good play?

Could be some level of hilarity here.

So how far are they going to go with this home team/away team at Miller Park? I assume we'll be batting in the top of the inning. Voice inflection for lineup introductions in favor of the Marlins? Sitting in the visitor's clubhouse? Excited animations on the scoreboard for when we strike out or the Marlins make a good play?

Could be some level of hilarity here.

its going to be awesome

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I'm guessing the Brewers will be in the home clubhouse. I believe that when the Indians and Angels played here in 2007, the Indians were the home team but chose the visitors' clubhouse because the Brewers left some areas of the home clubhouse locked. I assume this situation is similar and therefore it will be to both teams' advantage if the Brewers are in their usual dugout/clubhouse and the Marlins are on the visitors side.

As far as other things like Bernie Brewer, music, PA announcements, etc it will be interesting to see what happens. My guess is that the game will basically be a home game for us from that perspective. We will just be wearing gray instead of white and batting in the top of the inning instead of the bottom.

I would think they wouldn't do Bernie. Limited tickets is so they don't have to fully staff the park; they'll probably keep things minimal. Anyway, the clubhouse is one thing, but if I was the Marlins I wouldn't put up with Brewers celebration stuff.

I thought I heard, when the Brewers TV guys were talking about the Marlins' playing the Yankees at Citi Field, that the league can only relocate games to a neutral park. Obviously that turns out not to be right. Does anybody know what rules or protocols govern in a situation like this?

I love the idea of giving the proceeds to hurricane relief. (The students at my school are doing a chili cook-off next week as a hurricane relief fundraiser, and I'm one of the faculty judges. I am sad that it took horrible hurricanes to realize my lifelong dream of judging a chili cook-off.)

Archived