Brewer Fanatic

Marlins series moved out of Miami? (Yup, to Miller Park - see reply #40)

PinaMadness
One would think a domed stadium to avoid any chance of rainout would be priority. Which is why AZ seems like an option.

Yes, although looking at the weather forecasts you can play percentages where they look good. For example, in Baltimore there looks like there might be rain Friday but gone by the evening and then clear through the weekend so the likelihood of getting a 3 game series in seems high.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
STL as an option might honor the "letter of the law," but there is no way that would be a truly neutral site. I hope MLB looks at the broader playoff picture and relocates MIL/MIA to a site where the local fans wouldn't have an obvious rooting interest.

I say this as a Brewer fan -- why should it need to be a truly neutral site? These are Marlin home games they're relocating. Not sure why MLB needs to make it a priority that we benefit from 3 less road game atmospheres.

One would think a domed stadium to avoid any chance of rainout would be priority. Which is why AZ seems like an option.

Yes, although looking at the weather forecasts you can play percentages where they look good. For example, in Baltimore there looks like there might be rain Friday but gone by the evening and then clear through the weekend so the likelihood of getting a 3 game series in seems high.

I was thinking a domed stadium would basically be a requirement but Tampa Bay just played their home games at Citi Field. Maybe no dome stadium was available though.

Community Moderator

Marlins Park withstood the wrath of Hurricane Irma on Sunday, sustaining minor roof damage, but the building did not experience any flooding or water damage, the Marlins said in a statement. But whether the Marlins play host to the Brewers on Friday still has not been determined.

The retractable-roof ballpark was examined on Monday, and it could be ready for the weekend, but the bigger issue is whether the city of Miami and the Little Havana section -- where Marlins Park is located -- will be up and running.

Am I crazy or was there a dome stadium that had falling panels/debris falling from the roof a few years ago? If Marlins Park's roof is that damaged to the point that could also happen there than the series would be moved for sure.

Vikings new stadium had issues similar to what you are mentioning.

Am I crazy or was there a dome stadium that had falling panels/debris falling from the roof a few years ago? If Marlins Park's roof is that damaged to the point that could also happen there than the series would be moved for sure.

Vikings new stadium had issues similar to what you are mentioning.

Wrigley had chunks of concrete falling on the concourse.

I would be at every game if it took place in Baltimore. Less than 30 minutes from my house. Please please please.

I'm with you, been checking for updates on this all day! I'm walking distance from the light rail that drops off at Camden Yards, so I'll be there too if this happens!

From what I've read, the Brewers seem convinced they'll be going to Miami...but the Marlins haven't confirmed one way or the other. I personally don't think they'll be going. The stadium can be in fine shape, but do they have the manpower available to make the game happen? Are the hotels open and available for players? Does the stadium even have power? So many questions, I can't believe it hasn't been confirmed either way at this point...that's kinda bad.

From what I've read, the Brewers seem convinced they'll be going to Miami...but the Marlins haven't confirmed one way or the other. I personally don't think they'll be going. The stadium can be in fine shape, but do they have the manpower available to make the game happen? Are the hotels open and available for players? Does the stadium even have power? So many questions, I can't believe it hasn't been confirmed either way at this point...that's kinda bad.

Right. I'm sure every traveling secretary has horror stories, but you'd think this might be among them.

I agree that although the stadium itself may be ready to host, the odds that the rest of the "game day infrastructure" is ready to roll seem...poor.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

A statement from Marlins President David Samson reads as follows:

“Major League Baseball in conjunction with the Miami Marlins, agreed that it is in the best interest of our community to relocate this weekend’s Marlins games against the Milwaukee Brewers to Milwaukee. Marlins Park stood ready to host the games, but we all agreed that burdening public service resources was not the proper course of action. Following Hurricane Irma, the Miami Marlins realize that all of our employees, as well as our entire community, have other needs that must take priority at this time. The Miami Marlins look forward to returning home on Monday to play the New York Mets.”

http://fox6now.com/2017/09/13/marlins-games-against-brewers-will-be-played-in-milwaukee-instead-of-at-marlins-park/

I wonder how they will do tickets with such short notice? I assume cost would be reduced. Wonder if full season ticket holders will get their seats "on the house"

* Nevermind - read the link too:

Tickets will be placed on sale at 10:00 a.m., Thursday, September 14th. There will be three price levels: $20 for Field Diamond Box, $15 for Field Infield Box, and $10 for all other seating areas. Tickets will be available through Brewers.com/Marlins, the Brewers Box Office or by calling 414-902-4000.

I wonder how they will do tickets with such short notice? I assume cost would be reduced. Wonder if full season ticket holders will get their seats "on the house"

It's in the above link. Very cheap and limited numbers due to not having enough staff.

Archived