Brewer Fanatic

TJ Watt

OnTheBlack
Now Thompson could have made everyone happy by finally going out and nabbing a top free agent in Gillmore or AJ Boyle for roughly what Shields was making and then grabbed Watt in the 1st...but that was never gonna happen.

No, that still won't make me happy. What would make me happy is if TT drafted better. He's over-stayed his welcome by 4-5 years already.

As for Watt, of course the Packers should drafted him. He's exactly the type of LB they needed, and have needed for years. But to this day I don't think anyone in GB knows what type of players are need to play the 3-4.

Now Thompson could have made everyone happy by finally going out and nabbing a top free agent in Gillmore or AJ Boyle for roughly what Shields was making and then grabbed Watt in the 1st...but that was never gonna happen.

No, that still won't make me happy. What would make me happy is if TT drafted better. He's over-stayed his welcome by 4-5 years already.

As for Watt, of course the Packers should drafted him. He's exactly the type of LB they needed, and have needed for years. But to this day I don't think anyone in GB knows what type of players are need to play the 3-4.

Yes they do. They are former college DE that need 4+ years to be turned into LBs.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I hate to burst your bubble, but there are few better than him in the league. He isn't perfect but no one is. He is a major reason why we have been in the top of the league for years.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to burst your bubble, but there are few better than him in the league. He isn't perfect but no one is. He is a major reason why we have been in the top of the league for years.

Agreed. It's amazing when you go back and look at the draft from 4-5 years ago how many busts there are and how hard it is to find productive players.

As it stands, the Packers have Nick Perry and Clay Matthews starting and Ahmad Brooks at their top 3 OLB'ers. Not sure exactly what's wrong with that.

In this case I think two things can be true, Thompson made the right move for the Packers and TJ Watt could still end up being a dominant player....we got a OLB'er in Biegel(NOT a 4-3 DE) and a young, physical 6'3 Corner.

Archived