Brewer Fanatic

Villar getting benched the last 4 games...

TURBO
Aguillar 2017 vs LHP: .307/.374/.523

Villar at 2B, Walker at 1B vs RHP

Walker at 2B, Aguillar at 1B vs LHP

Seems painfully obvious

Thames 2017 vs RHP .251/.239/.530/.899

Even with his down times, Thames is still sporting a .853 OPS, nearly 200 points higher than Villar. It doesn't seem painfully obvious to me why you would regularly take his bat out of the lineup.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Aguillar 2017 vs LHP: .307/.374/.523

Villar at 2B, Walker at 1B vs RHP

Walker at 2B, Aguillar at 1B vs LHP

Seems painfully obvious

Thames 2017 vs RHP .251/.239/.530/.899

Even with his down times, Thames is still sporting a .853 OPS, nearly 200 points higher than Villar. It doesn't seem painfully obvious to me why you would regularly take his bat out of the lineup.

How much of that OPS has been bumped due to his stats in May? He has a .708 OPS in Sept. and had a .691 in August. Not only that but he has been abysmal with RISP so far so I can see why people want to see less of him. He has been very frustrating as he seemed dinged up just about all year long. Maybe he needs to stay out of the weight room for a bit and hit a yoga class.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Problem is, none of those options have been above MLB average. So CC is trying different combinations, and hopes he finds the hot hand down the stretch. That's not ideal, but I get it. I mean, if Villar is .10-.20 OPS points above Thames since the break, .720 still doesn't scream "play me every day." I fully expect Villar to get another run of games here, and hopefully he produces and we never look back.

Archived