Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Sunday 9/10 - Sky Sox Semifinal Playoff Series (Deciding Game)

Mass Haas

Sunday's Daily Menu:

Times are Central

Colorado Springs: TBD at home vs. Memphis (Cardinals), 2:00 PM pre-game, 2:30 gametime, it's Game Five of a Best-of-Five Series, tied at 2-2

Free Live Audio Link

Dan Karcher, the longtime play-by-play voice of the Sky Sox is on Twitter @SkySoxKarch; joining him again this season is Dan Acheson (@Dan_Acheson)

MiLB.TV is available for the playoffs and offseason archives for $19.99 if you're not already a subscriber.

Look for this just prior to game time --

Colorado Springs Media Notes - Linked on the Sky Sox official blog

STANDINGS:

AAA - Pacific Coast League American Northern Division

AA - Southern League South Division

High-A - Carolina League Southern Division

A - Midwest League Western Division

Pioneer League North Division

Arizona League Central Division

Dominican Summer League San Pedro Division

Dominican Summer League North Division

NOTE: Divisional standings for the two DSL teams point to the same shared page link.

NOTE #2: The Standings Links above will reflect second-half standings for Biloxi, Carolina, and Wisconsin. You can easily then click on "Overall Standings" once you've reached the initial link.

Sortable individual stat pages:

Colorado Springs

Biloxi

Carolina

Wisconsin

Helena

Maryvale

DSL Brewers

DSL Brewers/Indians

Weather.com:

Colorado Springs, CO

[sarcasm]They want CS's season to end so that they can call up Jungmann, Wilkerson, and De Jesus.[/sarcasm]

Why post it in blue? It's likely true and there's nothing wrong with that thinking. The big club in a hot race and they are short on starting pitching.

They wouldn't sabatoge the AAA team to do so. They would just call up the guys they wanted like they have. They're not starting Brooks SO CS loses...though I can't really see a good reason why they are.

AUDIO From Saturday's Pre-Game Show when the Sky Sox were up two games to one --

Manager Rick Sweet

OF Johnny Davis - Praise for Biloxi Manager Mike Guerrero

Final: Memphis 13, Colorado Springs 10

Season Ends With 13-10 Game Five Loss

Heineman drives in three during a 4-for-5 afternoon

By Robby Veronesi / Colorado Springs Sky Sox

cut.jpg

Tyler Heineman ended his 2017 season by driving in three runs on four hits Sunday afternoon in game five of the American Conference Championship Series. (Paat Kelly photo)

How the game ended with the tying run on deck -- video captioned incorrectly:

Via the Colorado Springs Gazette --

“You saw how many pitchers they went through, and they knew damn well that game wasn’t over, just like we did,” Sox manager Rick Sweet said. “That’s the way we played all year, on the road and at home. This has been the most incredible club I’ve ever had as far as competing from first pitch to last pitch from the first game to the last game. I’ve never had a team like this that consistently went out and never quit.”

Colorado Springs Box Score

35 hits in the game, 16 for extra bases. No errors with all those balls in play.

The Tim Dillard - Nick Ramirez- Tristan Archer stretch of the bullpen work let the game get away after Aaron Brooks had recovered from the disastrous first inning.

Chris Colabello on base four times, Yadiel Rivera three more hits, Kyle Wren reached thrice, Troy Stokes doubled and tripled.

Speaking of Stokes, here's the latest Q&A posted via themonkeynest.com.

Colorado Springs Game Log

So ends yet another Link Report season, thanks to all the volunteers who sacrificed their late evenings or early mornings to bring you updates.

And of course, thanks to all of you for reading, keep checking in on the Minor League Forum for offseason news.

Kudos to @BrewerProspect, @BrewCrewBlue and BrewCrewBall for their coverage, more than enhancing what we've done here, in fact, planting the seeds of future retirement talk for this poster, we'll see.

Big thanks to all the Milwaukee affiliates and broadcasters.

And most importantly this year, go big league Brewers!!!!

So ends yet another Link Report season, thanks to all the volunteers who sacrificed their late evenings or early mornings to bring you updates.

And of course, thanks to all of you for reading, keep checking in on the Minor League Forum for offseason news.

Kudos to @BrewerProspect, @BrewCrewBlue and BrewCrewBall for their coverage, more than enhancing what we've done here, in fact, planting the seeds of future retirement talk for this poster, we'll see.

Big thanks to all the Milwaukee affiliates and broadcasters.

And most importantly this year, go big league Brewers!!!!

Thanks to all those who kept us up to date on the daily reports.

a part of my daily routine that I will miss this offseason, checking box scores, write-ups and comments from the link report. thank you for all of your efforts in providing fans with excellent and convenient followup coverage of affiliate games. we know it takes a lot of time and consistency but we hope you all know how much it is appreciated.

also a great season for Colorado Springs- great job boys. sorry it had to end like this. just a bit short. as others predicted, Brooks may not have been the wisest move to start the game- five runs in the first- but don't know what other options Rick had and its not like anyone in the bullpen did much better. either way, they went out swinging. Colorado has been fun, but can't wait til we're someplace else. Jungmann, you're free to go to Milwaukee now. really hopes he gets a 3rd? chance to start a couple games- seems like he's finally put it together- though we've felt that before. we'll see.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
[sarcasm]They want CS's season to end so that they can call up Jungmann, Wilkerson, and De Jesus.[/sarcasm]

Why post it in blue? It's likely true and there's nothing wrong with that thinking. The big club in a hot race and they are short on starting pitching.

They wouldn't sabatoge the AAA team to do so. They would just call up the guys they wanted like they have. They're not starting Brooks SO CS loses...though I can't really see a good reason why they are.

They sabotaged the team when they called up all the stars that made the team a winner.

"They sabotaged the team when they called up all the stars that made the team a winner."

didn't know if that should be in blue or not, but regardless- also hurt were the Cooper and Cordell trades fwiw. with that said, the redbirds had callups too, so.

Milwaukee Brewers success >>>>>>>>>>> Colorado Springs Sky Sox success. That's the way the minor leagues work. If the top players for the Sky Sox can help the big club, even in a reserve roll, that trumps AAA playoffs every single time.

I would say Brinson getting hurt probably was the biggest factor. He was the biggest star power on that team ... although he'd likely be up with the big club right now if here were healthy.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Milwaukee Brewers success >>>>>>>>>>> Colorado Springs Sky Sox success. That's the way the minor leagues work. If the top players for the Sky Sox can help the big club, even in a reserve roll, that trumps AAA playoffs every single time.

I would say Brinson getting hurt probably was the biggest factor. He was the biggest star power on that team ... although he'd likely be up with the big club right now if here were healthy.

No, my quote wasn't blue. I'm not talking about the trade, but after Brinson got hurt, they took all the best players from AAA and pulled them to sit the bench at MLB. I agree that MLB success beats MiLB success, but they pulled up a LOT of unnecessary players to do nothing at the MLB level. I think they could've taken a couple specific players and left other until after the playoffs were over.

Archived