Brewer Fanatic

Justin Upton to LAA and Cameron Maybin to Hou

Good move for the Angels. I hate seeing Trout go to waste out there. I didn't realize how good of a year Upton is having.

Conversely, I sort of like seeing the franchise struggle because of that albatross of a deal they gave Pujols.

"There's more people to ignore in New York or in Boston than there are in Milwaukee, but I would still ignore them, probably."

-Zack Greinke

Upton may have 88 million left on that deal but with the season he's having I think chances are better than even that he opts out unless he loves southern California. But it makes sense for the Tigers to get whatever they could for him because he would have been even more likely to opt of if Detroit had retained him considering they are likely entering a rebuild. All things considered, I think it was a pretty good deal for both sides with the potential to be a great deal for the Angels if he elects to stay there.

Good move for the Angels. I hate seeing Trout go to waste out there. I didn't realize how good of a year Upton is having.

Conversely, I sort of like seeing the franchise struggle because of that albatross of a deal they gave Pujols.

I am 100 pct with you on all accounts. I do enjoy watching Pujos spend the twilight of his career on a middling team that's not really going anywhere. Especially after Cards fans were so convinced he'd take this massive paycut to stay with them. But when the games best player never plays on the games biggest stage, it takes a bit of the shine off of him.

And I also had no idea Upton was putting up a ~6 WAR type season.

I am 100 pct with you on all accounts. I do enjoy watching Pujos spend the twilight of his career on a middling team that's not really going anywhere. Especially after Cards fans were so convinced he'd take this massive paycut to stay with them. But when the games best player never plays on the games biggest stage, it takes a bit of the shine off of him.

And I also had no idea Upton was putting up a ~6 WAR type season.

And i was surprised that he's only 29. I would have guessed around 32-33. Forgot he reached the majors at age 19.

Archived