Brewer Fanatic

Swarzak gets sore neck from hotel pillow

CheezWizHed

Ok... 2 things.

1... I don't buy this. The team doesn't have a chiropractor and a (how do you spell masuse?) on call? They dont have muscle relaxers? Like every issue that could be caused by a kinked neck from a bad nights sleep should not linger beyond 8 hours with a mlb medical staff.

2... Thankful we have had good Barnes the past 2 games... otherwise this... sheesh

[quote=

1... I don't buy this. The team doesn't have a chiropractor and a (how do you spell masuse?) on call? They dont have muscle relaxers? Like every issue that could be caused by a kinked neck from a bad nights sleep should not linger beyond 8 hours with a mlb medical staff.

Neither a chiropractor nor a masseuse could fix a pinched neck in 8 hours. It is something that takes time to heal, especially if you are going to potential put stress on it like pitching might. They could speed it up a little and ease the pain a little but they aren't just making it magically go away.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I wonder if Swarzak got hit in the neck by the same suitcase that injured Lucroy's hand a few years back?

Don't forget that dangerous shampoo bottle.

My guess is that he was attempting to adapt a core strengthening crossfit exercise to his hotel room, and was ripping up phone books.

Regardless of what new imformation comes out, this is what I'm choosing to believe.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I have My Pillow. Ads are spot on. Can even sleep on nights when bullpen blows leads.

Bravo. JB should be writing ad print for MyPillow! -> Fade in... Beleaguered pitcher gives up towering home run with bases loaded. Manager in the dug-out throws a Billy Martin-esque tantrum. Fade out... Fade in later in the hotel that night. The totally relaxed manager sleeping comfortably while the narrator (Morgan Freeman) says, "My Pillow is so comfortable that you can sleep even on nights when the bullpen blows a big lead". That's money right there...

I tried one in the mall the other day. I'm a stomach sleeper and it still seems too poofy for me.

FWIW, if Swarzak is throwing pitches while on muscle relaxors, it should only be against the Cubs or Cardinals. After he beans 3 guys you can bring in someone else... :tongue

my neck got sore reading this thread

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

[quote name=

Neither a chiropractor nor a masseuse could fix a pinched neck in 8 hours. It is something that takes time to heal' date=' especially if you are going to potential put stress on it like pitching might. They could speed it up a little and ease the pain a little but they aren't just making it magically go away.[/quote]

He didn't sleep on a cement block. A pinched neck from sleeping on a pillow wrong... how beat up is this guy? I have a bad back, bad neck you name it... both biological issues and collision issues. Sleeping wrong has never caused something beyond advil and or a chiropractor. He's an athlete... can't imagine he'd be that fragile. And we are talking multiple days rest... not just that it happened but required multiple days rest.

Yes because you haven't had a pinched neck from sleeping that lasted a couple days nobody on earth ever has, give me a break dude. This is not some big problem with the Brewers medical staff, these things really do happen. I've slept wrong one night and had my neck hurt for 4 days afterwards with no treatment. You pinch your neck it is going to take a few days to get better. That is just reality.

Archived