Brewer Fanatic

Villar starting in CF

markedman5

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you were looking for a reason to get Villar in the lineup then why trade for Walker? Similarly, you only make the trade for Walker if you think you are contenders. Villar who has all of 4 innings in 2015 in CF tells me you don't believe you are a contender.

Bring up Phillips or Brinson or let Broxton play. Starting Perez and Villar in CF over the previous three makes absolutely no sense to me.

Can't hurt to try him out there. He's hot and we've had very little production out there offensively AND defensively. Brinson got hurt in yesterday's ballgame and Phillips looked lost at the plate for the most part. Maybe Villar/Perez are the better options right now.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Love it!

You wanna get crazyNuts?? Let's get crazyNuts!

liHV6Y.gif

Let me ask you something, have you ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If you were looking for a reason to get Villar in the lineup then why trade for Walker? Similarly, you only make the trade for Walker if you think you are contenders. Villar who has all of 4 innings in 2015 in CF tells me you don't believe you are a contender.

Bring up Phillips or Brinson or let Broxton play. Starting Perez and Villar in CF over the previous three makes absolutely no sense to me.

I would prefer Phillips as well, but they must not think he's quite ready despite tearing up AAA recently. If Villar stays hot and plays serviceable D, that will only add to his value as well.

I would prefer Phillips as well, but they must not think he's quite ready despite tearing up AAA recently. If Villar stays hot and plays serviceable D, that will only add to his value as well.

I to would love Phillips but I guess its more a issue with balancing the 25 man roster. They don't have any optionable position players and have a full 5 man bench (Villar, Sogard, Aguilar, Perez, Susac). Unless we want to release Sogard (or someone else) or go with a shorter bullpen (also means releasing someone), we don't have a way to bring up Phillips until September. Not to mention there are several pitchers in AAA that will shortly lose their option and will probably be brought up soon (Guerra, Wang, Webb?, Blazek?), roster management the next 2 weeks will be tricky to balance all these needs.

Villar basically started hitting right as Walker was aquired, kind of funny how it worked out. Now they likely just don't want to sit him and have that be the reason it break his rhythm so they got creative. That's my best guess anyway

They don't have any optionable position players and have a full 5 man bench (Villar, Sogard, Aguilar, Perez, Susac). Unless we want to release Sogard (or someone else) or go with a shorter bullpen (also means releasing someone), we don't have a way to bring up Phillips until September. Not to mention there are several pitchers in AAA that will shortly lose their option and will probably be brought up soon (Guerra, Wang, Webb?, Blazek?), roster management the next 2 weeks will be tricky to balance all these needs.

sogard has one option remaining.

susac could be optioned, but the remaining catchers on the 40-man are on the disabled list.

blazek was removed from the 40-man roster sunday, and the 40-man is currently full.

of the other players mentioned set to burn their 2017 option if not recalled soon, only guerra would be burning his final option.

I am guessing he has been practicing out there to some extent...so we shall see how this goes. I'm not sure what to even think. I don't think he will be very good, but if he an avoid disaster mishaps maybe it could work.

This just seems like a weird thing to do. Not like he has been tearing the cover off the ball for weeks.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
He's gonna get booed worse than Gagne if he flubs one out there.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

If this is a train wreck Phillips or Brinson will be back shortly. It is an impressive batting order.

It won't be Brinson any time soon...

#Brewers No. 1 prospect Lewis Brinson out 4-6 weeks with bad hamstring strain.

Love it!

You wanna get crazyNuts?? Let's get crazyNuts!

liHV6Y.gif

Let me ask you something, have you ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

I knew that didn't look right! :embarrassed

"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Archived