Brewer Fanatic

2017 Wisconsin Football Thread

owbc
  • Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Barret has been bad, but inthink the defense has stepped up too. And I'm getting ahead of myself, but we can't score too fast. Worse than not scoring at all imo.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Terrible non call on pi against davis on the play that the badgers oline held. Would've been offsetting penalties

Agreed. And the fans didn't like it either based on what they were chanting.

Why in the world can't we beat Ohio State when it really matters? :(

Ohion State was the better team. Too many mistakes. Not quite at playoff level yet.

I don't know about better team as the Badgers defense early in the game completely forgot how to tackle. The Ohio State offensive line though played 10 times better than the Badgers offensive line. The Badgers defensive line was just horrible no push at all and it was like they just move back 3-4 yards on every run play and on pass plays they didn't even break the line of scrimmage. The defensive line just played horribly though I am not surprised by that I am not even sure some of the defensive lineman would even be D3 starters.

Well, not scoring at all is 100% chance of loss...

our inability to connect on a screen pass is maddening...

Only because I would have fully expected them to drive down the field and win the game.

On one hand I think just keeping it close kind of proved the doubters wrong, but on the other hand we still lost and that's all that matters. We will still probably play on new years, but I fully expect to be playing ucf.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Terrible non call on pi against davis on the play that the badgers oline held. Would've been offsetting penalties

Why am I not even mad about it? Guess i'm just to the point in life where i've seen enough of this rodeo to not get worked up anymore...

1) have a good season

2) give you hope

3) come out and get shredded early putting you in a hole

4) climb nearly out of it and then get shattered just short of the finish line.

It was over when they didn't call that penalty to offset (convenient). Wasn't a point in even running those last three plays.

So WI loses by 6 to a team now being regarded to be in the Playoffs. So we must fall to what? 6? Alabama 5? They should match WI with Alabama. But like I predicted before, if we lost, we'll find a matchup again vs the non-power conference undefeated so Central Florida. Alabama can get USC.

After letting it settle a bit, I’m disappointed in our tackling on the outside last night and that our offensive line didn’t take care of their business.

I would like nothing more than a Bama or USC matchup.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
There's always a lot of woulda/coulda/shoulda after a close loss. That Hornibrook INT in the 1st Q was an absolute killer but UW was handled upfront the whole game. Little pressure on the QB and the UW run game went nowhere. Toughest part is that OSU had three good plays on offense (maybe four) they just all went for home runs.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Alabama to the playoff. The thing that bothers me most about this is it justifies and encourages their BS scheduling. Their last two games are a loss to Auburn and a win vs a FCS team. On top of that they have 8 conference games vs 9. Explain to me why the Big 10 shouldn’t go back to an 8 game conference schedule.

Ohio St shouldn’t have gotten in last year over Penn St but I think they should have been in this year.

Makes me dispise college football. If the Badgers stink I wouldn’t watch much if at all.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

UCF should be in ahead of Alabama.

One of the main reasons Ohio State runs the offense it does is so that the opposing defense can't get set and scheme. UW got little pass rush because they had little time to get set and call their stunts/schemes that free up the blitzing LBs. The flip side is that it causes the offense to make mistakes too, and makes their defense run out of gas because the offense is on the field for so little time. Saw that in the 2nd half - OSU's defense wore down and the Badgers were able to get back into it.

The non-PI call was exactly what we were chanting it as. If you want the game to be decided on the field by the players, fine, then don't call the hold. The PI was just as bad as the hold - you either call both of them, or you call neither of them. Should have been 1st and 10 or 2nd and 10. Two years in a row the refs swallow their whistle in the 2nd half against UW.

Community Moderator
They are projecting WI to the Fiesta Bowl vs. USC

Nope, cant do that now.

Lets go back to an Outback vs Auburn Like so many of Badgers Bowl games.

Orange Bowl vs. Miami it is. Should be a fun one, hopefully Wisconsin can bring enough fans down so that it isn't too much of an away game atmosphere.

I don't think it's controversial at all to have Bama in over OSU. I kind of thought it was a no-brainer. It's the same way they got in last year so it's not like they can complain about how Bama didn't even win their division. Especially if you know the goal is to get the '4 best teams' no matter what, so you have a somewhat close call like this yet you look at each other in the room and you know that every person in there would pick Bama on a neutral field against every team in the country, makes it pretty tough to not pick them.

Overall with the increase scheduling by everyone the last few years this year kind of shows how pointless it. If OSU plays Mercer instead of OU they're in. If USC plays Mercer instead of Notre Dame they're in. UW showed it, if you're undefeated you're in, so why make it harder to go undefeated. On the other hand, OSU beating OU last year is probably what got them in. I'd say the teams would be smart to play other major conference teams but the top guys shouldn't schedule each other. As in, OSU should schedule a game with a team like West VA/Texas Tech type team rather than OU if we're sticking Big 12. Or the last three years UW shouldn't have played Bama/LSU, they should have played Vandy/TN/Kentucky if you're sticking with SEC. So that you get a 'quality' win vs a major team but greatly reduces your risk of loss.

Archived