Brewer Fanatic

2017 Wisconsin Football Thread

owbc
  • Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had that Super Bowl feeling this whole entire week. I just want to see Wisconsin shut up the "national experts" who haven't watched 5 minutes of the Badgers this year. Cannot wait for Saturday to come around. Don't turn the ball over, and win special teams and I like our chances.

Wisconsin - 27

O$U - 23

This might be the game that really comes down to Hornibrook - as did the Michigan game. Can he avoid turnovers and make the big throws when he needs to? Really think he's going to be the X factor tomorrow.

Absolutely. Ohio State will do everything in its power to stop the run a make AH beat them. Protect the ball, don't take unnecessary sacks, and live for the next down sometimes. I'm thinking Chryst will have a few wrinkles to throw out there as well to keep OSU honest.

College basketball is very different from college football in that the college basketball tournament is not held anywhere close to finals. Once you start getting into mid-December, you have finals.

No matter what argument is made, the more teams that enter the playoff the further down the list the argument about who is in and who isn't goes. That will never go away.

I'll never get behind more than 8 teams in the playoff. But I might get behind an eight team playoff under the following conditions:

1) The conference champions of the big 5 conferences are automatically in (Big 10, Big 12, SEC, ACC, Pac 12)

2) Any other undefeated teams take the next spots (independents, non-Power 5); there have never been more than three, so this should not be an issue

3) Fill in the rest with next highest rated teams (average of AP and Coaches polls, normalize points in case of ties)

4) First round is held on Christmas Eve during the daytime; second round on New Year's day

5) Seeds based on average ranking (AP and Coaches poll, points normalized for ties), but fewer losses determine home team; if same losses, higher ranking gets home game. First round played at schools, second round at bowls.

I don't see any other way to go to eight and be objective about who is in and where/when it's played.

Lots of distractions for Ohio State this week - the Barrett knee fiasco, the Schiano fiasco... the defense isn't motivated because Schiano was leaving them.

Ohio State's defense wears down in second half, offense has three big turnovers. Owbc is spot on - UW 31, OSU 20.

I'll be there - section 439.

I've done a good job of not thinking too much about this game beyond normal game week stuff until tonight. And based on how excited/freaked out/worked up I am for this one tonight, if they do end up winning I'll be a basket case prior to the playoff game.

I'm very interested in the Barrett story line. Knee scoped (or minor SURGERY) on Sunday and he's going to play six days later ? As slimey/ showy as Meyer is my gut says the freshman starts. I could be totally wrong, but I'm calling my shot here.

Saw Barrett has been basically downgraded to a game time decision on if/how much he will play/whether he will start. I've felt this whole thing is a smoke screen and he won't play the entire time. It's starting to trend that way now.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
spread is down to 4
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I don't know who was announcing the sec championship game but, the result means nothing to bama and they are one of the 4 best teams in the country and should get in by following the president set last year(which they must follow) with Ohio st getting in over Penn st. The big ten deserves no team in the top 4, and after saying that he gave us a wonderful geography lesson that Wisconsin is in Michigan because he's no longer welcome in Ohio or Michigan after saying that(or maybe he doesn't know the big ten has expanded past 2 teams, Ohio st and michigan).
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Hornibrook doing his best hornibrook impression. Defense missing tackles and giving up huge plays. This sucks.
Remember what Yoda said:

Hornibrook doesn't play defense last I checked and Hornibrook isn't missing easy tackles that lead to massive touchdown runs. His INT was unacceptable but other than that (and even that left OSU with a LONG field), I don't see what the problem is. Russ Wilson would be behind 21-7 or 21-14 right now too.

And Hornibrook made Fumagali drop that pass too I assume?

Hornibrook doesn't play defense last I checked and Hornibrook isn't missing easy tackles that lead to massive touchdown runs. His INT was unacceptable but other than that (and even that left OSU with a LONG field), I don't see what the problem is. Russ Wilson would be behind 21-7 or 21-14 right now too.

Horrible throw. Can't give his team any momentum.

Horrible throw. Can't give his team any momentum.

Chalk up a dropped slant route and an OT false start in the red zone as well. I'm not a Hornibrook guy but there's much bigger issues right now tonight IMO.

Archived