Brewer Fanatic

Angels

OK - I hate to be Debbie Downer here, but we go up against Pittsburgh this week for 2 games (against their two best pitchers), and then head out on the dreaded 9-game west coast trip - and those usually don't end well for the Brewers. So, let's say we go 4-7 in these next 11 games and fall completely out of the NL Central race. Meanwhile, the Angels currently occupy one of the two WC spots in the AL (I know....all teams in that league are basically still in contention for the WC), and we all know that Braun would love to move out west if he were to be traded anywhere.

On top of this, Ben Revere is currently occupying the Angels LF position right now, and it appears that they are struggling to hit LHP.

Is there any way a deal could get done between our two teams if things continue to go south for us before 8/31 and if the Angels continue to occupy an AL WC spot?

I'm guessing that pitching is probably a bigger priority for them right now, and there is probably no way they'd want to take on another bad contract after Pujols and Hamilton. We'd have to eat some salary I'm sure, and their farm system is pretty terrible.

Just looking ahead here, as we all know that something is going to have to give eventually to make room for all of these OF's on our 40 man roster.

After seeing how consistent Braun has been even through some injuries, I'm good with keeping him out in left. Santana can man right and the better of the two Brinson/Philips can be out in CF. Broxton is the odd man to me.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

OK - I hate to be Debbie Downer here, but we go up against Pittsburgh this week for 2 games (against their two best pitchers), and then head out on the dreaded 9-game west coast trip - and those usually don't end well for the Brewers. So, let's say we go 4-7 in these next 11 games and fall completely out of the NL Central race. Meanwhile, the Angels currently occupy one of the two WC spots in the AL (I know....all teams in that league are basically still in contention for the WC), and we all know that Braun would love to move out west if he were to be traded anywhere.

On top of this, Ben Revere is currently occupying the Angels LF position right now, and it appears that they are struggling to hit LHP.

Is there any way a deal could get done between our two teams if things continue to go south for us before 8/31 and if the Angels continue to occupy an AL WC spot?

I'm guessing that pitching is probably a bigger priority for them right now, and there is probably no way they'd want to take on another bad contract after Pujols and Hamilton. We'd have to eat some salary I'm sure, and their farm system is pretty terrible.

Just looking ahead here, as we all know that something is going to have to give eventually to make room for all of these OF's on our 40 man roster.

The way the central is this year, going 4-7 we probably lose only a game on first.

The way the central is this year, going 4-7 we probably lose only a game on first.

Cubs play 7 out of their next 10 against the really bad Reds pitching staff that we just saw this past weekend. And, the other three are home against the Jays. Unfortunately, I think 4-7 over the next 11 games will have us buried in the division before the end of the month.

Cubs play 7 out of their next 10 against the really bad Reds pitching staff that we just saw this past weekend. And, the other three are home against the Jays. Unfortunately, I think 4-7 over the next 11 games will have us buried in the division before the end of the month.

And 9 of our next 12 after the road trip are against the Cardinals who we've actually played surprisingly well against this year, the Nationals and the Cubs so other than a series at the Reds, we don't really get a break after that road trip.

1) The Angels have $70M coming off the books this off-season. They can take on $20M/year and not even blink.

B) If the Brewers could replace Braun's production with less salary, then it would make sense to trade him and eat salary.

But they can't replace Braun's production with less salary. Where are they going to get .900 OPS from? They aren't giving that kind of production away.

3) Braun's contract isn't anywhere close to being bad. On a $/WAR basis, he's pretty much average, and was a bargain the last two years.

Archived