Brewer Fanatic

Does Counsell survive this?

JohnBriggs12
If the current collapse carries through September, and they lose 90 games after being 11 games over .500 in July, will they do what they should have done with Roenicke after the 2014 collapse and hold him accountable? Or will he be granted the immunity and lack of accountability that goes with a rebuilding franchise.

Roenicke pretty clearly lost the clubhouse that year, I'd say it is a very different scenario. The 2014 Brewers were also supposed to compete, this team was not. This team is supposed to be rebuilding and is like 15 wins higher than most people expected.

Counsel has been fantastic. Yeah I'd like his bullpen to be better managed at times but it's a 3 man bullpen and he can only shoot the bullets he's given.

He is one of the rising managerial Stars so if he is let go, he'd be hired almost immediately.

Wow, the players stop playing over their head and we should blame the manager?

And we'll lose 90 games!

This was my problem with him getting the job this early. You knew this team would struggle...and OBVIOUSLY David Stearns didn't except this years team to be a legit contender since he wasn't willing to pony up for a guy like Gray. But now the manager who got this team to play well over his head should now be punished for doing a good job?

I think Counsell is about as likely as any Brewer not named Arcia to be back in a Brewers uniform next year.

the 0 for 43 slump? Yeah he probably won't survive that. Will need to retire and probably will follow his Dad into front office work. I bet he could be a great mananger someday though

Oh, wait.... what?!

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

No way. We all have beefs with some of the decisions CC makes, but what fans don't about their teams' manager? CC is doing this with a roster that seems to make a roster move daily trying to figure out who is actually going to be a part of this future. The over/under seemed to be about 75 wins at the beginning of the year so even coming within a couple games of that he's fine. There may start to be whispers by the middle of next year, but I think CC has thru 2019.

If the current collapse carries through September, and they lose 90 games after being 11 games over .500 in July, will they do what they should have done with Roenicke after the 2014 collapse and hold him accountable? Or will he be granted the immunity and lack of accountability that goes with a rebuilding franchise.

They're in year 2 of a rebuild. They won't fire a manager after a team that plays above its head comes back to Earth.

Are you out of your mind?

This is a fairly stupid sentiment even for Briggs. Counsel is probably closer to winning MOY than getting fired.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Im critical of CC often and no he's not getting fired for this.

Stearns didn't expect this year.

Bp has been bad and out of respect for the season he tried to add help but only at rock bottom prices. He tried to get others and always offered what he felt was low. This is why swarzak and jj were the only ones that got done. He offered low ball offers to show he was trying and would have loved for the low ball offers to work but was not going to get into a bidding war.

Stearns knew this team was at an offensive statistical cliff for awhile now. That cliff issue was what all the random brewer trade targets had in common including walker.

I think I see "what's wrong"... If I'm right Stearns absolutely sees it and the astros addressed it in FA. Stearns is altering as well.

None of that is on CC. He angers me at times but he's staying.

Archived