Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Trade for Neil Walker

Eye Black
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Walker, if nothing else, provides an IF bat, keeps Hernan Perez as a 4th OF. Villar/Sogard can split time. Or maybe Arcia gets time off to keep hot hands in...

Yep. That's what he is. Lol

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I mean it took Swarzack [sic] a week and a half to get here.

not at all true.

Man, tough crowd. :laughing Think he was just saying it tongue in cheek.

Interesting.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Uecker said on today's game that when Walker showed up for the game today that he didn't like Walker's attire. Then he laughed. Anyone know what he's talking about? What could Neil have worn that Uecker found so funny?

Phantom starter injury with off days looming. Tells me Walker could be flipped by Aug. 31.

Could you connect those dots for me? How exactly does sending a guy down who likely wouldn't have pitched during his 10 day stint anyway suggest that Walker is at all likely to be traded again?

Now I'm not saying I can't see him getting traded...IF the Brewers fall further back and if someone gets hurt or whatever. I'm just not seeing the logic behind Suter being sent down when he's not needed leading to said trade.

Seems to me it's pretty cut and dry. They need a roster space so like teams always do, they put a guy who's start was getting skipped on the 10 day in order to create said roster space.

Uecker said on today's game that when Walker showed up for the game today that he didn't like Walker's attire. Then he laughed. Anyone know what he's talking about? What could Neil have worn that Uecker found so funny?

My guess would be that he was wearing some Mets gear given that he made it to Milwaukee pretty quick....but that's just that...a guess.

My guess would be that he was wearing some Mets gear given that he made it to Milwaukee pretty quick....but that's just that...a guess.

Good guess. I hadn't thought of that but it does make sense since he came right over.

Walker, if nothing else, provides an IF bat, keeps Hernan Perez as a 4th OF. Villar/Sogard can split time. Or maybe Arcia gets time off to keep hot hands in...

Yep. He doesn't have to start 5-6 games per week at 2b. If Villar is hitting and having great ABs and a consistently good approach then he's playing because he's more dynamic, younger and controlled for 3yrs. And Villar has been doing that for over a month now when starting games and has looked great the past 4 games shortening up his swing and focusing on that middle approach allowing him to stay balanced for pulling/pushing. Walker can play 2b/3b providing a quality switch hitting bat. If Sogard stays with the team he's a lefty contact guy off the bench who can cover 3 IF spots. When Arcia gets his occasional day off it should be Villar SS and Walker 2b (when Shaw is in lineup). Perez should mainly backup the OF but still get occasional play in the IF.

Walker adds quality depth to the IF and allows for more options. He's had a productive career while spending half his games in a couple of the worst hitters parks (Pitt/NYM) compared to Kinsler and Phillips who have been in much more hitter friendly parks.

It's going to be a top 30 prospect if the Mets are picking up some salary.

He is owed $5mil over two months. That is a lot of money...a lot. They have to pick up money just to make him a salary dump.

i think the worst case prospect wise is Clint Coulter, this is a salary dump for the Mets.

That would fit the trend. Anyone who would be exposed to Rule 5 after this season.

I doubt this trade is completed before the rule 5 draft. They have until mid February, I believe rule 5 draft will be before that. I don't think anyone should worry about a substantial return for the Mets.

Archived