Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Trade for Neil Walker

Eye Black

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stearns whole approach this season seems half arsed.

Either go for it (i.e go after Darvish Etc.) or sell.

This middle ground crap makes no sense to me.

Neil Walker is not the difference between Brewers being better or worse than the Cubs and Cardinals.

Stearns whole approach this season seems half arsed.

Either go for it (i.e go after Darvish Etc.) or sell.

This middle ground crap makes no sense to me.

Neil Walker is not the difference between Brewers being better or worse than the Cubs and Cardinals.

Well the guy is a decent hitter and he probably only cost us his remaining contract. I'm sure we gave up nothing at all.

We need a lot more than Webb, Swarzak, and Walker to get back in it but at least in the case of Walker we probably didn't give up anything of value.

Still it's incredible that this team needs to trade for a 2B at all.

Villar just starting to heat up too. lol I've always enjoyed Walker as a player.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Good heavens, what is the point now? Villar is finally starting to heat up with the bat and we make this move now. There's a good chance Walker doesn't even outperform Villar the rest of the year. So even if it's a salary dump, we're going to pay $5M for a guy who is not going to make much difference, and now head into 2018 with Villar as a huge question mark instead of seeing if he can heat up the rest of the way.

I get what they're trying to do but I really don't agree with it. Maybe if we were still 3 up in the division I could get on board, but 3 down...nah. I'd rather have just played it out with Villar and see what happens. The focus should be turning away from 2017 at this point.

He will fit right in, 569 OPS since the ASB.

Good God you people sure can whine. Some of you simply can't be positive about anything... it's quite something.

Facts do not equal whining. Sorry you feel otherwise.

I'd like to know from the "sellers" whom exactly the Brewers have to sell that would bring much in return?

Braun's contract is an albatross, he's injury-prone and basically unsellable. Garza isn't valuable to anyone. Villar might have been valuable if he'd hit this year, but he hasn't. Everyone else is either controllable, has their future ahead of them or isn't good enough to merit the effort.

Where's the magic sellable bullet I'm missing?

I'm not pleased Stearns waited this long to add a (middling) piece, but I don't get this "we should sell" vibe either.

He will fit right in, 569 OPS since the ASB.

Good God you people sure can whine. Some of you simply can't be positive about anything... it's quite something.

How exactly is he whining? He pointed out that like most of our offense, Walker has struggled with the bat since the AS break. How does mentioning a stat equate to whining?

Looks like Walker will still be owed somewhere around 4.5 million for the last 1.5 months of the season. Mets probably kick in about 1 million and the Brewers still don't give up anything but a sub-fringe prospect.

I like the OBP (.339) and think Walker could be a good fit at the top of the lineup, but he hasn't done that well as a righty hitter this year (.211/.300/.296/.596). But from 2014-2016 he was .283/.344/.427/.771 as a right handed hitter.

I'd like to know from the "sellers" whom exactly the Brewers have to sell that would bring much in return?

Braun's contract is an albatross, he's injury-prone and basically unsellable. Garza isn't valuable to anyone. Villar might have been valuable if he'd hit this year, but he hasn't. Everyone else is either controllable, has their future ahead of them or isn't good enough to merit the effort.

Where's the magic sellable bullet I'm missing?

I'm not pleased Stearns waited this long to add a (middling) piece, but I don't get this "we should sell" vibe either.

True. We were never in a position to sell. I guess Nelson and Knebel but what would be the point in trading them?

I really don't understand trading for a 2B at all in what has turned into a lost season and Hiura not all that far off.

Scooter has to be laughing at this development.

How on earth do we know Hiura is close? Because of a high BA in A ball? That's child's play for a college guy. Also I watched him do infield drills a few days ago...it left a lot to be desired. This guy could be two years away or four.

Assuming he is close is foolish. Taylor Jungmann was drafted as "very advanced almost MLB ready". That turned out...not accurate.

How on earth do we know Hiura is close? Because of a high BA in A ball? That's child's play for a college guy. Also I watched him do infield drills a few days ago...it left a lot to be desired. This guy could be two years away or four.

Assuming he is close is foolish. Taylor Jungmann was drafted as "very advanced almost MLB ready". That turned out...not accurate.

I tend to agree. You can even add to that he hasn't played a single inning in the field. Hard to know anything about his eta until then.

Archived