Brewer Fanatic

Random questions circa 2006

brew522

Is there a way to find out which positions Bill Hall played the most during his tenure? Basically, I'm looking for a breakdown of games played at 3b/ss/2b etc.

Also, this may seem morbid, but is there a video of the play where Corey Koskie got his concussion? I am in a bet with someone who insists it was a dramatic play, but I know it was an innocuous play at 3rd.

Thank you!

-old poster from the 2000s

Is there a way to find out which positions Bill Hall played the most during his tenure? Basically, I'm looking for a breakdown of games played at 3b/ss/2b etc.

Also, this may seem morbid, but is there a video of the play where Corey Koskie got his concussion? I am in a bet with someone who insists it was a dramatic play, but I know it was an innocuous play at 3rd.

Thank you!

-old poster from the 2000s

I don't have a video, but want the Koskie play a foul ball and he like fell backwards or something?

I'm on my phone so it's hard to look but baseball reference probably has something on the positions Hall played.

As far as Koskie, I was at that game and he overran a pop up and fell down while reaching backwards, so you're right fairly innocuous. Your friend is also right though because when the ball bounced back up in the air after hitting Koskie's glove, Hall came in and caught it, which I'm guessing is where your friend sees it as a dramatic play.

Yes, thank you! I was at the Koskie game as well, but was remembering it backwards (that Hall tipped it and Koskie caught it], my friend thought it was a collision in the stands.

Also, thank you for the baseball reference link! Is there a way to toggle it that I am missing? Basically I want to know...did Hall have the most appearances for the Brewers at 2nd, ss, or 3b?

Random, but anything to distract from the current losing streak. 3TO forever!

Eta, think I found it...looks like he played 2b the most? I had forgotten how much time he saw in the OF.

I'm on my phone so it's hard to look but baseball reference probably has something on the positions Hall played.

As far as Koskie, I was at that game and he overran a pop up and fell down while reaching backwards, so you're right fairly innocuous. Your friend is also right though because when the ball bounced back up in the air after hitting Koskie's glove, Hall came in and caught it, which I'm guessing is where your friend sees it as a dramatic play.

I was there also...and I remember it(not as well as you obviously) as being a totally benign play. It just looked like Koskie dove backward...but that would make more sense if he also got hit by Hall.

At the time I was baffled as to how that could have caused his career to end. After dealing with concussions myself...it makes plenty of sense. It's usually not the big one that gets you...at least not the first big one. You get through the big ones because more attention is paid to them(at least was). The more minor ones you kinda ignore and work through.

He didn't get hit by Hall. Koskie overran the ball and reached back for it, the ball was in his glove and flew out when he hit the ground going back into the air and into the glove of Hall who was backing the play up.

If I remember correctly, the most amazing thing about the Koskie play at the time was that he didn't actually hit his head on the ground. There was a great deal of discussion about that in the coverage both immediately and in his subsequent lack-of-return time that followed.

The video is here (go to the July 5, 2006 game), although my browser's not cooperating so I can't watch it at the moment to see if my memory's correct:

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/multimedia/tp_archive.jsp?c_id=mil&ym=200607

Archived