Brewer Fanatic

2017-8-11 Reds (Bailey) @ Brewers (Nelson) [Brewers fall short in late rally, lose 11-10]

DuWayne Steurer
It feels like the Brewers will screw this up and end up in last place. From first place to last. Rebuilding year, yes. But it doesn't have to be embarrassing loss after loss.

Actually, considering the talent level in the 2018 Draft, that isn't entirely a bad thing. Get in the playoffs or get a Top 10 pick. Anything else doesn't help as much

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shaw has been absolutely horrible lately.

Might have outside things going on there.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Shaw has been absolutely horrible lately.

Ever since he got hit in the neck and almost knocked out, and came back to play the next day?

No idea how much that has to do with it, but he was slumping before that.

I think the team sensed that management did NOT believe in them at the trading deadline in July AND it affected the team some. It's not the entire reason for the collapse, BUT I think that lack of belief, that missing vote of confidence creeped into the clubhouse and is a contributing factor to the team's demise.

Bull

Both Thames and Shaw led this team the first half. Now neither one is hitting as well. Travis might be tired both playing most days and emotionally with his little girl being so sick. He came right back from that neck injury. No complaining and no DL. He is still hitting .290 and fielding well. Not awful.

I knew this MLB team was a horrible roster from opening day. Every analytics site said so. The eye test said so. Even Stearns knew it by how he put almost no thought into the bullpen.

And yet even I got sucked up the first place in July start. This is way worse than had they just played to their norms from opening day.

Well thank goodness for the Link Report.

I think the team sensed that management did NOT believe in them at the trading deadline in July AND it affected the team some. It's not the entire reason for the collapse, BUT I think that lack of belief, that missing vote of confidence creeped into the clubhouse and is a contributing factor to the team's demise.

Bull

That reminds me of Chicago. They believed in their team and got Quintana, and the team took off immediately after that. That vote of confidence got them going!

Bull

That reminds me of Chicago. They believed in their team and got Quintana, and the team took off immediately after that. That vote of confidence got them going!

Ya but they havent maintained that so..

Mark is on with Ueck and he says as an owner he sees this team engaged. Ueck excited that Thames just hit that homer. Right back in it he says. Ueck says stick around boss. Mark laughs and I think he might be giving the team some good luck sitting in the booth with Ueck.

Bull

Come on man... give me a break

Archived