Brewer Fanatic

2017-8-11 Reds (Bailey) @ Brewers (Nelson) [Brewers fall short in late rally, lose 11-10]

DuWayne Steurer
I follow alot of mlb teams...is there a team playing worse since the break???

They mentioned that Cincy lost 14 of 16 coming out of the break. Not sure how that compares with the Brewers.

I think slightly worse, until this ass-whooping.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's scary to think that as bad as we are right now, we're ONLY three games out of first place.

Lol talking about first place??? Gimme a break this team end 10 under. I envy those who still have hope..your only gonna get let down.

"First place? Don't talk about first place. You kidding me? First place? I just hope we can win a game. Another one." - Craig Mora

Jim Mora

It's scary to think that as bad as we are right now, we're ONLY three games out of first place.

Lol talking about first place??? Gimme a break this team end 10 under. I envy those who still have hope..your only gonna get let down.

Nah... I expected to do poorly all season. The first half was just a massive fluke. This is the norm as to how it should be.

Agreed..I just dont see how anyone can be optimistic...about winning the central..disapointing seeing our two best pitchers lit up back to back...on top of the no offense

I see a lot of Villar bashing, other than that slow roller play which he should've just held onto, what did he do tonight? He's hit the ball well.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I see a lot of Villar bashing, other than that slow roller play which he should've just held onto, what did he do tonight? He's hit the ball well.

He dropped a ball on a pick off attempt..that was close and BS said he woulda been safe anyway...idk about that..

I wish I actually cared about any other team in any other sport. Having your one team be a general embarrassment to the sports world sucks.

Although I follow other teams, I'm right there with you on the embarrassment part. People laugh when you tell them you are a Brewers fan. It sucks. And unlike other sports, you invest a lot of time in watching them to have disappointment yearly. They don't even resemble a major league team the majority of the time. It just sucks.

During the AS break I was out at the bar talking to a buddy of mine. He's a big sports fan, but doesn't know the first thing about the Brewers. Probably couldn't name one player besides Ryan Braun.

I remember talking to him about being 5.5 up in the division and how much things had a different feel with guys like Shaw and Thames and how Nelson and Anderson had emerged as solid starters, and Knebel's streak, and how exciting it was to be a Brewer fan right now.

All he did was look at me and said, "It's the Brewers. They'll screw it up."

Doesn't know the first thing about the Brewers and was still 100% right.

I wish I actually cared about any other team in any other sport. Having your one team be a general embarrassment to the sports world sucks.

Although I follow other teams, I'm right there with you on the embarrassment part. People laugh when you tell them you are a Brewers fan. It sucks. And unlike other sports, you invest a lot of time in watching them to have disappointment yearly. They don't even resemble a major league team the majority of the time. It just sucks.

During the AS break I was out at the bar talking to a buddy of mine. He's a big sports fan, but doesn't know the first thing about the Brewers. Probably couldn't name one player besides Ryan Braun.

I remember talking to him about being 5.5 up in the division and how much things had a different feel with guys like Shaw and Thames and how Nelson and Anderson had emerged as solid starters, and Knebel's streak, and how exciting it was to be a Brewer fan right now.

All he did was look at me and said, "It's the Brewers. They'll screw it up."

Doesn't know the first thing about the Brewers and was still 100% right.

Was it Pete Vuckovich or Gorman Thomas?

We're only TWO games out if the Cubs lose in Arizona tonight!

We're right there! We hit bottom tonight!

The upward ascent begins tomorrow! Watch out Cubs! Watch out Cards! We're coming! We're diehards!

Wasn't bottom last night? In all seriousness I have no use for this team personally right now. They aren't just losing tough games, they're being embarassed, have zero plate discipline, and the manager is clueless as well. It's a group effort of suck.

It feels like the Brewers will screw this up and end up in last place. From first place to last. Rebuilding year, yes. But it doesn't have to be embarrassing loss after loss.

I think the team sensed that management did NOT believe in them at the trading deadline in July AND it affected the team some. It's not the entire reason for the collapse, BUT I think that lack of belief, that missing vote of confidence creeped into the clubhouse and is a contributing factor to the team's demise.

Looking at the pitching match up if you just knew the score you would think even the brewers would be the team with ten runs..

Player meeting...and they are even less competitive..always knew players only meeting were worthless. Its more for the fans, oh a player only meeting!!! That means they care..? Right I would say there is quite a few player content with the position they are in.

This team doesn't deserve to wear those throwbacks until they actually start playing like those teams that wore them originally.

Kind of ironic that this whole thing started with the '82 Brewers coming to town. I guess that's what we get for continuously celebrating losing.

I think the team sensed that management did NOT believe in them at the trading deadline in July AND it affected the team some. It's not the entire reason for the collapse, BUT I think that lack of belief, that missing vote of confidence creeped into the clubhouse and is a contributing factor to the team's demise.

Nobody believed in them most of first half..hence half filled stadium..were playing well.

We're only TWO games out if the Cubs lose in Arizona tonight!

We're right there! We hit bottom tonight!

The upward ascent begins tomorrow! Watch out Cubs! Watch out Cards! We're coming! We're diehards!

Wasn't bottom last night? In all seriousness I have no use for this team personally right now. They aren't just losing tough games, they're being embarassed, have zero plate discipline, and the manager is clueless as well. It's a group effort of suck.

Its going to be funny when the season goes full circle and they just end up being the 75 win team everyone thought they would be from the start. With a loss tonight that would take a 16-28 finish from here. Not unrealistic at all.

Archived