Brewer Fanatic

2017-08-10: Twins (Enns) at Brewers (Davies) 7:10 PM CDT

DuWayne Steurer
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So if they get 3 each inning and then we get 1 it might take a while for us to get the lead

How many runs do they need to score for them to go back to 0?

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

This collapse is familiar to Brewers fans ... when will this organization ever have a truly good team?

The problem was the first three months. Got everyone emotionally invested. This was just supposed to be another rebuild year. Then all star break came and we were up 5.5 games and the team was fun. For it to crash in that fashion is brutal. Wish we'd just suck all year so I'd just casually check on them every now and then or at least not be so emotionally invested.

Molitor confident going to pen. "Just the Brewers, we'll be fine" hahaha

At least he was smart enough to realize that even in a 6-2 game early on, the game was potentially at stake and did something about it.

Molitor confident going to pen. "Just the Brewers, we'll be fine" hahaha

At least he was smart enough to realize that even in a 6-2 game early on, the game was potentially at stake and did something about it.

Totally agree. And it won't come back to bite twins. They'll have a reliever cover 3-4 innings likely.

Pretty sure CC tried that approach with Hader. Backfired. Sometimes it just is.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Meanwhile, the Cardinals have just tied the Royals 3-3 in the latter half of the game after being down 3-0 AND Scooter Gennett hits his 19th homerun of the season, a grand slam, today. I'm glad we let him go for nothing so we could be make room for Villar everyday at 2nd base. Somebody who is often called a "genius" is not so. He also gave away Garrett Cooper to the Yankees who had a 4-hit game for the Yankees last night and is now hitting .364--what did we get for Cooper--oh yeah, Tyler Webb who cannot get major league hitters out and is in Triple-A.

A combo of bad luck, bad defense, and bad ABs hurting tonight. Man. Just frustrating. At least the pressure's off a little bit, I guess. Going to try hard to just enjoy having baseball for another two months without worrying as much about the postseason.

Like the view point. I'm going to try too... unless we get up 5.5 games again.

Meanwhile, the Cardinals have just tied the Royals 3-3 in the latter half of the game after being down 3-0 AND Scooter Gennett hits his 19th homerun of the season, a grand slam, today. I'm glad we let him go for nothing so we could be make room for Villar everyday at 2nd base. Somebody who is often called a "genius" is not so. He also gave away Garrett Cooper to the Yankees who had a 4-hit game for the Yankees last night and is now hitting .364--what did we get for Cooper--oh yeah, Tyler Webb who cannot get major league hitters out and is in Triple-A.

I just saw Cooper is hitter 364 while Webb was immediately sent down after not even being able to make our pen.

I just saw Cooper is hitter 364 while Webb was immediately sent down after not even being able to make our pen.

Yeah, that trade is looking like a disaster.

Stearns has definitely made some questionable moves at best. Hopefully we can say that around here without people jumping down others throats.

Cooper had no business being traded for a guy that most likely won't even be on our MLB team.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Oh, right; Gennett was let go because he had no trade value. He's having the year this season that Villar had last year. I'll agree it sucks that maybe he had something to offer and it's not with the Brewers but I doubt there's anybody in baseball that saw more in Gennett coming into this year than Villar.

Webb got the chance to throw all of eight innings. His AAA stats over the last two seasons are the pitching equivalent of what Cooper did this season at AAA with the bat. Way to nitpick though; the only reason why the Brewers are as close as they are now is because the not "genius" has created a pretty good roster in year two of a rebuild. I know it's really tough to comprehend.

Archived