Brewer Fanatic

2017-08-08: Brewers (Garza) at Twins (Mejia) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 11-4]

hawing
I remember a Perez interview recently where they were asking him about how he's been able to be so much more patient at the plate since the beginning of the season and I almost did a diet coke spit take. The guy has walked once since the 4th of July.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this game isn't over but I wonder if we lead the league in losses after scoring first or tak g the lead at some point in the game?

It seems like we have been ahead in a ton of games that have turned into losses. Maybe that is not unusual but it feels like it is.

Has anybody heard of an explanation of sorts for Villar's huge dropoff this season? What happened to him? How can one go from all-star caliber player to atrocious player this quickly?

Flip the question. How did he go from a scrub to all star last year. His 13 and 14 line up pretty well with his line this year. His 16 was great and 15 was decent. Although 16 and 17 are the only years he was an everyday player.

Has anybody heard of an explanation of sorts for Villar's huge dropoff this season? What happened to him? How can one go from all-star caliber player to atrocious player this quickly?

If anybody knew I'm sure it would have been addressed......my best guess is last season was an outlier.....this season probably is too.....but who knows.

I know this game isn't over but I wonder if we lead the league in losses after scoring first or tak g the lead at some point in the game?

It seems like we have been ahead in a ton of games that have turned into losses. Maybe that is not unusual but it feels like it is.

Our starting pitchers have the same amount of losses as the Dodgers starters. Saw that beauty on twitter. The combo of not adding any runs and a weak bullpen leads to our bullpen having the most losses.

We were way ahead in that category a couple months ago IIRC, doubt it has changed.

It's insanely noticeable how much better of a pitch framer Pina is than Susac.

Maybe it was just a bad game for Susac but yeah, he was constantly moving around behind the plate and on multiple occasions dropped his glove to the dirt after he caught what were very close pitches.

Then again, maybe alot of catchers do that and I just am not really paying attention.

Yup, the Brewers have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory so many times this year. I don't recall the last snatch of victory at this point. Maybe Thames walkoff after trailing the Padres in June?

Archived