Brewer Fanatic

2017-08-07: Brewers (Suter) at Twins (Santana) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-4]

hawing
  • Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lots of complaining about the umps but pretty sure that their "bad" calls go for and against both teams and usually has absolutely nothing to do with why we end up losing games.

I've posted the link a few times...but the Brewers tend to get a lot of bad calls from the home plate umpire.

For some reason I thought you said behind home plate meaning seats and not directly behind the catcher. That would be cool. Sitting behind home plate in seats sucks.

Lots of complaining about the umps but pretty sure that their "bad" calls go for and against both teams and usually has absolutely nothing to do with why we end up losing games.

I've posted the link a few times...but the Brewers tend to get a lot of bad calls from the home plate umpire.

For some reason Shaw seems to get terrible strikes called quite frequently

I would love to stand behind the catcher and see first hand what that looks like in person. I think it would be an eye opening experience.

It's actually a pretty terrible view of the entire game.

I've never done the plate for a game but I've done it for scrimmages from behind the plate and behind the pitcher. For me, behind the pitcher is a much better view.

That 1-1 pitch from Drake was actually a beautifully placed strike according to both GameDay and Foxtrax.

One of the things I'm really looking forward to about turning the zone over to machines is seeing pitches called strikes that actually are strikes but are never in a million years actually called that way by human umpires.

I don't like this move. Mauer is looking to dump the ball into LF, feel like Drake gives him a good chance to do that. Hope I'm wrong.

Well you were basically right. Mauer hit a bullet, just right at Braun.

That 1-1 was a good example of a horrible frame job from Susac, did not hold the ball at all

He is the worst framer I've ever seen. Can't even imagine how many of the exact same pitches tonight are strike calls if Pina is back there.

Yep. The 'it all evens out' theory has been pretty well disproven.

Archived