Brewer Fanatic

2017-08-07: Brewers (Suter) at Twins (Santana) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-4]

hawing
  • Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Watching the pregame show...while it's kind of sad to celebrate a team that lost a World Series 35 years later, I can understand it because it's the best the franchise has ever done.

But can we please stop talking about team streak? They started the season what, 13-0, then missed the playoffs? I get there were less playoff teams then, and the start of the season was memorable, but otherwise why do we keep talking about that team 30 years later?

Because we got free burgers out of it? Can any other sports team top that?

Holy cow a guy who Ks 37% of time didnt K....

I could have sworn 36.7% of the time was 100% of the time after the discussions i heard in the prior day.

Just because you are wrong about the bunting thing doesn't mean people think he strikes out 100%.

Wow, so much potential

For as much as people want to run him out of town, he really does have a lot. I know he's 27. Not every player follows the same timeline. Nelson Cruz wasn't worth a crap until he was 28.

I could have sworn 36.7% of the time was 100% of the time after the discussions i heard in the prior day.

Just because you are wrong about the bunting thing doesn't mean people think he strikes out 100%.

No need to beat a dead horse, it's not black and white. Opinions aren't going to change over this.

Do you think there is such a thing as a "hitter setting up a pitcher"?

I believe it was the 0-1 pitch to Broxton (seemed fastball middle in), where Broxton opened his hips and flailed at the ball while basically sliding his feet all over the place, and pulling off badly to left field. I almost came on to post that might have been the most terrible swing I've seen in a while.

Then on the 3-2 pitch, he got the same exact pitch and had a beautiful swing that resulted in a home run. It made me wonder whether maybe Broxton was baiting Santana that he couldn't hit that pitch and wanted it again? Or maybe Broxton is just that inconsistent?

My God would you let it go...just because everyone does not agree with you about bunting does not make you right nor make it the end of the world that they don't agree.

Do you think there is such a thing as a "hitter setting up a pitcher"?

I believe it was the 0-1 pitch to Broxton (seemed fastball middle in), where Broxton opened his hips and flailed at the ball while basically sliding his feet all over the place, and pulling off badly to left field. I almost came on to post that might have been the most terrible swing I've seen in a while.

Then on the 3-2 pitch, he got the same exact pitch and had a beautiful swing that resulted in a home run. It made me wonder whether maybe Broxton was baiting Santana that he couldn't hit that pitch and wanted it again? Or maybe Broxton is just that inconsistent?

Broxton is just that inconsistent. If he could pull off that vudu magic, he should so it more often.

Archived