Brewer Fanatic

2017-08-07: Brewers (Suter) at Twins (Santana) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-4]

hawing
  • Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sorry but Oliver Drake has no business being in a one run game in the 7th inning with Torres, Barnes, Hughes, and Swarzak all available. The criticism of CC is warranted. Poor bullpen management IMO. All of those are better choices than Drake, even Torres who's been shaky at best.

Santana is like the last guy you want up right now the way he has gone lately. He just got his best pitch to hit and could do nothing with it.

I'll take him over just about anybody

Santana is like 3 for his last 32 and 1 for his last 16. I'll take the hot bat. Whoever that is I guess.

The frustrating thing is that the Twins did everything they could to give the game away today. Errors, missed chances, hangers late in the game, and the Brewers couldn't capitalize. The margins are so thin lately, and Suter just didn't have it.

At least Keon was good, and Braun had a couple of nice ABs. I'll be glad to see Pina tomorrow.

0fer the season trailing after 8 continues. Won't get an easier chance than we had tonight. Total hibernation for the offense after the early innings.

There has to be some sort of explanation for that record when trailing after eight innings. It's unpopular to say, but perhaps it simply is a psychological, mental makeup reason. Too opportunities go by with tying and/or go ahead runs on base but a failure to capitalize.

Santana is like the last guy you want up right now the way he has gone lately. He just got his best pitch to hit and could do nothing with it.

I'll take him over just about anybody

Santana is like 3 for his last 32 and 1 for his last 16. I'll take the hot bat. Whoever that is I guess.

Kinda my point. I'd take Shaw and Braun and Pina.

Can anyone please explain to me why Drake was pitching in the 7th inning in a one run game? Please!

Swarzak and Barnes were unavailable. For Hughes, your guess is as good as mine.

Swarzak was throwing in the pen when Torres did.

Archived