Brewer Fanatic

2017-08-07: Brewers (Suter) at Twins (Santana) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-4]

hawing
Torres warming up! We need to score in the 8th to force CC to use a MLB pitcher.

Hader going 1 inning certainly hasn't helped tonight. I'd imagine Swarzak is unavailable

Suter going 4 is worse. Shouldn't expect your pen to get 5 innings. Especially this pen.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
If everyone could move on from yesterday's bunt/no bunt that would be swell. Thanks.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Torres warming up! We need to score in the 8th to force CC to use a MLB pitcher.

Hader going 1 inning certainly hasn't helped tonight. I'd imagine Swarzak is unavailable

Suter going 4 is worse. Shouldn't expect your pen to get 5 innings. Especially this pen.

Agreed, but I think Suter gets pulled with the understanding that Hader can go multiple innings.

If you want to know how unclutch this offense is, we have the 2nd worst offense in baseball in the 7th inning or later this year. Collectively our team has a .288 OBP in the 7th or later for the entire season.

If you want to know how unclutch this offense is, we have the 2nd worst offense in baseball in the 7th inning or later this year. Collectively our team has a .288 OBP in the 7th or later for the entire season.

Is Jeter available, we need some clutch

If he was that uncomfortable with the lead Rosario could get by virtue of having a shift on, why not send a defender back towards 3rd? Not all the way but far enough to the point where a potential steal attempt of home wouldn't have been a possibility?

That's old school baseball. The manager's boss is a kid.

So was Theo Epstein in Boston.

Steal, then bunt him over and fly ball. This should be strategy 101 in the 8th. My experiences tell me he'll be stranded there at first base.

Instead of a take sign to allow steal attempt, he is swinging away into DP. I've watched this nightmare so many times yet can't look away.

Lucky for us the Twins bullpen is equally atrocious to ours.

Our late inning offense vs the Twins bullpen. The unstoppable suck vs the immovable stink.

Unstoppable suck wins the 8th inning!

Arcia-Broxton-Susac in the 9th. Fun! lol I think I need to ban myself from watching for a day. Just too annoyed at this team lately.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived