Brewer Fanatic

2017-08-07: Brewers (Suter) at Twins (Santana) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-4]

hawing
  • Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he was that uncomfortable with the lead Rosario could get by virtue of having a shift on, why not send a defender back towards 3rd? Not all the way but far enough to the point where a potential steal attempt of home wouldn't have been a possibility?

Send the link. Would be interested in reading that. Seems pretty unlikely to me given a 162 game schedule unless you are arguing that the umpires have nefariously conspired against the Brewers. Would suggest that not scoring runs and poor bullpen outings have led to far more losses this season for us than anything else.

I posted it once in this thread already. At the time of the study the Brewers were 3rd from the bottom in strike calls while hitting. In the bottom 10ish when looking at both pitching and hitting. The Dodgers had benefited from like 250 strike calls.

Cool, thanks. Will take a look. Ok the surface of it seems like 49th out of 50 things I am concerned about costing us games at the moment.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Hate The Drake
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Still baffles me that guys like Drake are the best we can toss out there at a pro level.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If he was that uncomfortable with the lead Rosario could get by virtue of having a shift on, why not send a defender back towards 3rd? Not all the way but far enough to the point where a potential steal attempt of home wouldn't have been a possibility?

That's old school baseball. The manager's boss is a kid.

Only pulling him five batters too late. Not really an anti counsel guy but this has been an abomination today.

The smartest guy in the room ran to get Jeffress out after 1 batter, and then leaves Drake in for 40 pitches and the ensuing abomination. Brilliance!

Only pulling him five batters too late. Not really an anti counsel guy but this has been an abomination today.

Agree on this. Hader to start the sixth and Drake to start the seventh, not to mention leaving him in this long.

Really, this is a game we have no business winning. Crappy defense, and half of our runs have been gifted.

Playing close games with a bad bullpen and an offense that doesn't score after the 6th is not working very well lately

Well we've won our last two series soooooo... there's that.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Can't balk in from 2nd lol

How can I tie this into bunting = good....how can I tie this into bunting = good. Ah I got it! Go!

Nkpe. Tragedy of errors. We dont get outcome worst. They do... get that of all things. Painful to the soul.

Archived