Brewer Fanatic

2017-08-07: Brewers (Suter) at Twins (Santana) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-4]

hawing
  • Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lots of complaining about the umps but pretty sure that their "bad" calls go for and against both teams and usually has absolutely nothing to do with why we end up losing games.

I've posted the link a few times...but the Brewers tend to get a lot of bad calls from the home plate umpire.

Yep. The 'it all evens out' theory has been pretty well disproven.

Send the link. Would be interested in reading that. Seems pretty unlikely to me given a 162 game schedule unless you are arguing that the umpires have nefariously conspired against the Brewers. Would suggest that not scoring runs and poor bullpen outings have led to far more losses this season for us than anything else.

Send the link. Would be interested in reading that. Seems pretty unlikely to me given a 162 game schedule unless you are arguing that the umpires have nefariously conspired against the Brewers. Would suggest that not scoring runs and poor bullpen outings have led to far more losses this season for us than anything else.

I posted it once in this thread already. At the time of the study the Brewers were 3rd from the bottom in strike calls while hitting. In the bottom 10ish when looking at both pitching and hitting. The Dodgers had benefited from like 250 strike calls.

I don't have it. Somebody, I think it was Stout posted it at least once.

Archived