Brewer Fanatic

2017-08-06: Brewers (Nelson) at Rays (Archer) 12:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 2-1]

hawing
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't remember ever seeing a team that swings and misses at so many pitches that are literally right down the middle of the plate.

Well it is a battle of the two worst teams in terms of Z-contact% take that for what it is worth. The stat is rather useless for about 3/4 of a season data would be useless for a seasons worth of data. The Brewers and the Rays are again 1 and 2 for SwStr%

Brewers at 82.3% and the Rays at 81.3% for Z-Contact%

Brewers at 12.0% and the Rays at 12.8% SwSt%

Before anyone pipes in about the Brewers being bad at swinging at the first pitch they are actually not. The Brewers are at about league average which historically is at 59% currently the Brewers are at 60% F-Strike%. There are a few players on the team that are extremely bad at not swinging at a first pitch strike that is going straight down the middle fastball (Villar and Broxton).

If I'm remembering right the 'God Bless America ' started as a post 9-11 thing that just kind of stuck, and if I'm noticing right they must have just started limiting it to Sundays this season.

It's been just Sundays and holidays for years now

I am not Shea Vucinich

Archived