Brewer Fanatic

Where does Pina finish in ROY voting?

StearnsFTW
Unfortunately no Brewer received a vote in the NL ROY voting yesterday won by Cody Bellinger.

Blows my mind, but there ya go. I thought the people saying zero votes were crazy. They were right. I was wrong.

But we are crazy.. Crazy like the fox.

I appreciate you acknowledging the final outcome of the NL RoY vote..

Unfortunately no Brewer received a vote in the NL ROY voting yesterday won by Cody Bellinger.

Blows my mind, but there ya go. I thought the people saying zero votes were crazy. They were right. I was wrong.

He needed to finish stronger than he did. He wasn't good the last three months (low .600 OPS during that time) of the season. When you put that with his age and only playing about 100 games, he just wasn't a real good candidate.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

He needed to finish stronger than he did. He wasn't good the last three months (low .600 OPS during that time) of the season. When you put that with his age and only playing about 100 games, he just wasn't a real good candidate.

I clearly pay way too much attention to war. And a lot of his value was tied to defense, which can be pretty arbitrary

It's not that Pina wasn't deserving of a vote, it was just the wrong year. Bellinger just blew everyone else out of the water.

No question that Bellinger deserved it, but Manny didn't get a vote of any kind. Which is completely ridiculous, but it's obviously not a big deal.

It's not that Pina wasn't deserving of a vote, it was just the wrong year. Bellinger just blew everyone else out of the water.

No question that Bellinger deserved it, but Manny didn't get a vote of any kind. Which is completely ridiculous, but it's obviously not a big deal.

You could take the bottom 5 in votes 12 total 2016 prospect rank

German Marques- 3.1 BWar #53/73

Manuel Margot- 2.5 BWar #18/24

Kyle Freeland- 3.3 BWar unranked previously top 100.

Luis Castillo- 2.5 BWar in 15 starts unranked

Ian Happ- 1.8 BWar #63/54

Pina comes in at 2.6 BWar. Never Ranked

Pina had a great year, just the bottom 5 had more prospect history or in Castillo's case a 15 game starting stretch of production to complete a season, Pina didn't have that kind of stretch to finish the season. Colorado making the Playoffs over Milwaukee likely gave the few who voted for them a nod over Pina.

It's 30 voters with a 1st, 2nd, 3rd to vote. You're looking at 4 2nds and 8 3rds who didn't vote Hoskins(18HRs in 50games) Bell (26HR-top 35prospect) and Dejong(25HRs-.857 OPS for a SS)

Pina's counting stats just don't add up to go with age and lack of prospect rankings. Maybe if you had 4 votes you'd argue on Pina getting at least 1, but there was a stronger case for 4 names with only 3 to vote for.

Archived