Brewer Fanatic

2017-08-05: Brewers (Davies) at Rays (Cobb) 5:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-0]

hawing
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 million could have been yours, Villar. 20 million.

Villar saved Stearns from himself.

Just to be clear, do you think Stearns has done a good job?

As far as the MLB roster, he did a great job fleecing Dombrowsk to be sure. Other than that he has been more lucky than good living off hot streaks of guys who aren't very good. The starting rotation, CC, and Knebel are Melvin's guys. Picking Villar AND doubling down by wanting to give him an extension over Scooter is insane and one he won't soon live down.

This has been an unexpected but fun season But no one is going to get excited for our future because we have Sogard, Thames, Broxton, and Pina, et al.

Like any GM hire during a rebuild, we will know more when his prospects make their way to the majors and only then will we know what we really have in Stearns.

wow, so CC was warming up Drake with 2 outs in the 8th while Swarzek was apparently available. We need to make another bullpen move to completely idiot proof this bullpen from CC. In a bases loaded, 2 out, 1 run lead game how could you possibly not make a move to your best available reliever if you are going to make a move

Because Swarzak had pitched 3 of the previous 4 days so he was only going to be used if we were still ahead in the 9th. The bullpen is just gassed from all of these close games. Hughes is the worst arm in the pen and Drake does a decent job against lefties. Drake was probably only coming in if they scored and tied up the game. Counsell used the bullpen well tonight given the limitations due to over usage lately.

Actually no. I don't think negativity(in general) is really what I harp about. It is the premature negativity before anything happens("oh here comes a K") and calling the game when we are down by a run. If you would like to complain about terrible plays etc that actually happened go right ahead.

(Shrug) To each their own I guess. I just think it's kind of silly to take a shot at 'negative nancies' and follow it up literally the same inning with calling our guys idiots and brain dead, and then in the 9th when a guy gets a simple 'Good job' for taking a walk take another shot at that because you happen not to like him.

As far as the MLB roster, he did a great job fleecing Dombrowsk to be sure. Other than that he has been more lucky than good living off hot streaks of guys who aren't very good. The starting rotation, CC, and Knebel are Melvin's guys. Picking Villar AND doubling down by wanting to give him an extension over Scooter is insane and one he won't soon live down.

This has been an unexpected but fun season But no one is going to get excited for our future because we have Sogard, Thames, Broxton, and Pina, et al.

Like any GM hire during a rebuild, we will know more when his prospects make their way to the majors and only then will we know what we really have in Stearns.

I appreciate the response.

You and I aren't going to agree on Stearns, but I thank you for explaining your position.

Man. That first base ump is trigger happy. Hurt both teams tonight.

I won't complain too much if theyre being consistent but batters have to feel a bit frustrated tonight.

The facial expression by that Rays' batter after the first base ump called that a strike said it all!

wow, so CC was warming up Drake with 2 outs in the 8th while Swarzek was apparently available. We need to make another bullpen move to completely idiot proof this bullpen from CC. In a bases loaded, 2 out, 1 run lead game how could you possibly not make a move to your best available reliever if you are going to make a move

CC has done a nice job managing the club this year but not so much with his bullpen. Some of his moves drive me crazy... :tongue

As bas as our offense has been, how do you think Rays fans have been feeling about theirs these past two nights?

I would think both of them are pretty upset

:laughing

Zing! It really looked like there were more Brewer fans than Ray's fans last night.

I could harp on the crap hitting, but I'd rather marvel, right now, at the fantastic pitching.

Sooner or later our hitting has to come around. They proved they can hit before the All-Star break. If the bats wake up and our pitching stays like this August and September could be a lot of fun this year...

Man. That first base ump is trigger happy. Hurt both teams tonight.

He has been right every time.

Hechevarria didn't go. Not really up for debate.

He went so you are correct, no need for debate.

Because Swarzak had pitched 3 of the previous 4 days so he was only going to be used if we were still ahead in the 9th. The bullpen is just gassed from all of these close games. Hughes is the worst arm in the pen and Drake does a decent job against lefties. Drake was probably only coming in if they scored and tied up the game. Counsell used the bullpen well tonight given the limitations due to over usage lately.

If Swarzek was available and Knebel was not then Swarzek is the bullpen ace for the game. The bullpen ace should be used in this most important situation. Leverage index on the last hitter of the 8th was 7.87!. LI starting out the 9th inning was 0.91. Leaving in Barnes was a fine choice, but if he was going to make a move to anyone besides Swarzek it would have been stupid.

If we make the 1 game wild card playoff and Nelson is available should we sit him so he can start 2 games in the NLDS? No.

Archived