Brewer Fanatic

2017-08-05: Brewers (Davies) at Rays (Cobb) 5:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-0]

hawing
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good AB Keon

Because he didn't throw the bat at pitches above his head?

Cool, so now in addition to your "don't be negative" rule you're instituting a "don't be positive" rule.

That's more than once today too TPlush!

wow, so CC was warming up Drake with 2 outs in the 8th while Swarzek was apparently available. We need to make another bullpen move to completely idiot proof this bullpen from CC. In a bases loaded, 2 out, 1 run lead game how could you possibly not make a move to your best available reliever if you are going to make a move

wow, so CC was warming up Drake with 2 outs in the 8th while Swarzek was apparently available. We need to make another bullpen move to completely idiot proof this bullpen from CC. In a bases loaded, 2 out, 1 run lead game how could you possibly not make a move to your best available reliever if you are going to make a move

Have to think that was for Morrison. Drake is essentially a LOOGY.

Have to think that was for Morrison. Drake is essentially a LOOGY.

I'd still take my best pitcher over a right handed LOOGY

Good AB Keon

Because he didn't throw the bat at pitches above his head?

Cool, so now in addition to your "don't be negative" rule you're instituting a "don't be positive" rule.

Actually no. I don't think negativity(in general) is really what I harp about. It is the premature negativity before anything happens("oh here comes a K") and calling the game when we are down by a run. If you would like to complain about terrible plays etc that actually happened go right ahead.

Probably would have had Villar bunt the runners over, to be honest. Yeah, give up a big inning for one more. Don't want to risk a doubleplay. But now it's a strikeout anyway..

Meh terrible situation regardless. Guy throwing almost 100mph with good movement. Sure try and get Villar to bunt over, but then comes the K King against that heat. Then even after him is Arcia who probably not likely to do much better. Horrible part of line up against Alvarado.

Great job, pitching. Wow.

Maybe I have rose-colored glasses, but I think CC was mostly fine with the BP tonight. With Knebel and Hader out and Swarzak working on what? Four straight days? He got seven out of Davies, went to Barnes, and didn't panic and bring in Swarzak to get a four-out save. I can see bringing AS in in the 8th, but somebody was going to have to get outs in the ninth. I wouldn't have wanted Swarzak trying to do that with a one-run lead, assuming he would have gotten through the 8th.

Series win! Hope Shaw's alright and try to sweep tomorrow! How about a burger day?

Back to back shutouts.....who would have thought our starting pitching would be the strength of the team?

Well done boys!

Pitching saving us from complete disaster. If our pitching was just average right now I don't even want to think what our post AS break record would be.

Back to back shutouts.....who would have thought our starting pitching would be the strength of the team?

Well done boys!

Pitching saving us from complete disaster. If our pitching was just average right now I don't even want to think what our post AS break record would be.

We'd be at least 5.5 games back on chicago.

Swarzak sure has been a nice acquisition. Bullpen isn't the dumpster it was before he was acquired.

20 million could have been yours, Villar. 20 million.

Villar saved Stearns from himself.

On the bright side, his plan of stockpiling middle infield prospects is looking ok. Dubon will probably get a look in spring training.

Archived