Brewer Fanatic

2017-08-04: Brewers (Woodruff / debut, take two) at Rays (Faria) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 2-0]

hawing
Keep him in or pull him now with a 0 on the board? His pitch count in his 4 games since returning from injury: 53,54,35,69

I'd just call it a day now and go to Hader for 2. Don't give Woodruff a reason not to leave feeling good about his debut despite the bumps.

Agreed.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Keep him in or pull him now with a 0 on the board? His pitch count in his 4 games since returning from injury: 53,54,35,69

I'd just call it a day now and go to Hader for 2. Don't give Woodruff a reason not to leave feeling good about his debut despite the bumps.

Agreed.

Thirded

i am not sure if i should be impressed with Woodruff or not. He has gotten out of every mess he has made, but seems to be getting more confident in the last inning or 2.

yeah this offense is brutal. hopefully have the DH the next few games will help somewhat.

Well, I wasn't crazy about that, but it worked out.

You'd think Woodruff dazzled in his debut if you were told he threw 6 scoreless. The reality is there was a lot of good and a lot of bad. But there's a lot of good things to build on.

You'd think Woodruff dazzled in his debut if you were told he threw 6 scoreless. The reality is there was a lot of good and a lot of bad. But there's a lot of good things to build on.

Once he settled he was a different pitcher. I think he is on a week of rest as well. Gave up all singles and 2-3 were hit hard. Pretty impressive debut imo.

Once he settled he was a different pitcher. I think he is on a week of rest as well. Gave up all singles and 2-3 were hit hard. Pretty impressive debut imo.

Yeah very true. He was a different guy after the first few innings. Excited to see this guy in the rotation long-term.

Archived