Brewer Fanatic

Bandy on the DL with Rib Fracture. Woodruff Starting tomorrow

OnaBadger58

Not really any flexibility for it to not be Susac. Unless he re-emerges as the next Buster Posey overnight instead of that one guy who happens to be on the 40-man roster we'll have to ride the Pineapple even more for the next few weeks.

Susac is the only other catcher on the 40 so I don't know why it would be anyone else.

Well Rene Garcia has posted an OPS of .809 between AAA and AA this year. Personally I could live without Espino on the 40 man.

this wouldn't be a surprise at all, or if not, a AAA trade to get another catcher immediately.

Nottingham to AAA? Plausible

Anyone know where Vogt is at with his injury? I would think he's a few weeks away, but we sure could use him right now.

He was healthy enough to work at Southwest Airlines for a day.

https://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2017/08/03/brewers-davies-and-vogt-surprise-southwest.html

Perez has to catch now, right?

That's pretty cool. I wonder how many people would've recognized the two of them had they just done it without their jerseys on :)

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

If Susac is a capable defensive catcher, then he'll probably be okay for a start a week until Vogt is back. I wonder what's happen with this guy. I had high hopes for him when we acquired him last year, but he sure hasn't done much at AAA.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Susac is the only other catcher on the 40 so I don't know why it would be anyone else.

Well Rene Garcia has posted an OPS of .809 between AAA and AA this year. Personally I could live without Espino on the 40 man.

After a terrible April, Susac has a .800 OPS over the last 90 days, .825 over the last 28. And Susac has some major league experience already. For what would be a very marginal improvement, if it's any improvement at all, I don't see the point of making a 40-man roster move when you don't have to.

If Susac is a capable defensive catcher, then he'll probably be okay for a start a week until Vogt is back. I wonder what's happen with this guy. I had high hopes for him when we acquired him last year, but he sure hasn't done much at AAA.

I seem to recall that the neck injury in training camp persisted into the season, followed by severe cluster migraine attacks. Was a top 100 prospect only two years ago and has looked OK in limited time in the majors. To find one positive from the Bandy/Vogt injuries it's that we'll get a look at Susac that we probably otherwise wouldn't have had.

Woodruff's start lines up with bullpen session scheduled today for Anderson. My guess is Anderson gets one rehab start Wednesday and returns on August 13. If Woodruff shines in his 2 starts, maybe they go with 6 man rotation in September like they did last year.

It has to be Susac, he was decent last year after the trade, but obviously has fallen off drastically. Pina has earned the right to play 6 out of 7 games, so i am not too worried about the catching situation until Vogt returns.

Archived