Brewer Fanatic

2017-08-03: Cardinals (Wacha) at Brewers (Garza) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 2-1]

hawing
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Scored nine runs in a three-game series and took two of the games. Still need to figure out how to get this offense going and hit with runners in scoring position but absolutely can't complain about picking up a game and taking two of three from the cards

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now the Crew goes down to Tampa where they'll play in front of probably 12,000 fans. It's unbelievable how the two Florida teams just can't get the fans to the ballpark.

I lived there for 11 years. 12,000 is generous. They may report based upon sales. Actually butts in seats is more like 4,000.

Now the Crew goes down to Tampa where they'll play in front of probably 12,000 fans. It's unbelievable how the two Florida teams just can't get the fans to the ballpark.

The Rays will be lucky to get that many fans this weekend. I'd wager the reason why they don't get fans to attend is most of the people down there come from someplace else - up north - and bring their home town team allegiances with them. When Tampa plays Boston or the Yankees those fans show up in droves especially early and late in the season when the snowbirds are around.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I lived there for 11 years. 12,000 is generous. They may report based upon sales. Actually butts in seats is more like 4,000.

To be fair, everyone reports sales, not the people who show up. At yesterday's brewer game, they reported 41k fans, which is near MP capacity. It looked more like low 30k range.

Archived