RF Domingo Santana ®

1B Jesus Aguilar ®

3B Travis Shaw (L)

2B Hernan Perez ®

CF Keon Broxton ®

C Jett Bandy ®

SS Orlando Arcia ®

RHP Matt Garza ®

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know they don't play games on papers, but man, I don't like the way this matchup looks on paper. Prove me wrong, Brewers.

Perhaps Perez will be better at 2nd than Sogard and Villar have been. What do we have to lose at this point?

Maybe. I've been feeling fairly down on Perez lately. It's like I don't remember the last time he did something positive. I'm sure there's something I missed or forgot but just seems like over and over of bad ABs. I think I'd prefer keeping Sogard out there vs righties for a while. Still milks the count and doesn't' strike out, hopefully the start falling again.

Kid is by my mom, game is on TV, playing the Cardinals. All the elements for the Brewers to get blown out.
LOL, know the feeling. Gonna be a jammed afternoon of baseball as Cubs/AZ on MLBTV, same start time....but they just pulled the tarp out on the field. :ohwell

Not sure how to look it up but it seems pretty rare for a team's HR leader to hit leadoff in August

Adam Dunn was hitting leadoff for the Reds a bit some years ago.

Nice call, he only started 15 games as the leadoff hitter in his career, all in 2003. They were mostly in June but it looks like he was the team HR leader. This was his last game starting as the leadoff hitter, July 7 2003, and at that point he had 24 HR which was more than any other Red would hit all year.

Maybe. I've been feeling fairly down on Perez lately. It's like I don't remember the last time he did something positive.

How about just last night?

There ya go. I had a game of my own last night so didn't get back until the 8th right before Jesus's HR. So my experience on Perez was seeing him swing at two balls vs Rosenthal and get out. Right as I was thinking Rosenthall already has 11 pitches coming into this inning, for a guy with big control problems if we can get him into the upper 20s anything can happen. Instead that. I'd be curious on his RISP success. I know the whole team has been awful lately but it sure seems he's one of the worst of late. Just generally he just seems not to be doing anything near 2nd half last year or earlier this year where you felt like you needed to find a way to get him out there. Now it just seems a bit forced since he's not really doing great. Of course the problem is no one is doing great right now

The stolen base attempt costs the Brewers a run. Since the All-Star break I don't think anyone has been in a worse slump than Counsell. It seems like almost every decision he makes backfires. And yes, managers can go into slumps just like players can.

Archived