Brewer Fanatic

Brian Anderson No Bueno

3and2Fastball
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have no idea what he does. He was speaking at the Wisconsin Baseball Coaches Conference.

Yeah, he's painful on TV, must get nervous or something.

Augustine sounds like he was either grabbed off the set of Fargo or a bar stool in Cudahy.

Pina has been on the team for a year and Anderson still can't consistently get his name right.

I'm guessing no one has told him. Isn't it someone's job to inform him on said matters?

Shouldn't it be his job to actually look at the name and then say it correctly? Why does he need help on a name as easy as Pina?

Yeah, he's painful on TV, must get nervous or something.

Augustine sounds like he was either grabbed off the set of Fargo or a bar stool in Cudahy.

Is there a difference?!?

Good ol' Kewaunee, Wisconsin. I'm truly amazed everytime I go back home, that everyone really does sound like Auggy there.

monkeyman343434 said:

I just think BA comes across as a smug ******. I don't find him all that insightful, and he acts like he knows everything.

Did he steal your girlfriend or something?

Best post of the day!!!!!

I'm a little surprised at all the love for BA on here. I find him to be really annoying, it has nothing to do with him being "boring", I don't even find him boring at all. Just annoying.

What does he do that is so annoying?

Brian Anderson is really good, but I like Matt Lepay too. I've had the directv extra innings package or mlb.tv for years so I've seen/heard nearly everyone out there. Most Brewer fans don't know how good we have it. Those who complain should be condemned to listen to Michael Kay and/or John Sterling for 3 hours straight.*

Edit -

*and throw in Suzyn Waldman too.

I like BA. I think he is articulate. I think he is truthful. I think he is factual. I think he is a professional in the industry as referenced by his opportunities in the business to do other things.

Schroeder is not my cup of tea. I think he is full of hyperbole. I find him factually incorrect multiple times a week, yet he seems to have no clue that what he said was untruthful. I've never mentioned BS in this forum. The other night, I was watching the ballgame with my son, been trying to teach him the nuances of the game, strategy, etc. I, for the first time ever, mentioned my disdain for the aloof Schroeder in the IGT and basically got ran off the message board as being hateful. I'm not hateful. Instead, what I would like is for him to be factual when describing the action.

Lepay is wonderful for football radio. One of the best in that element. Living on the west coast, I don't often hear Augustine. I still enjoy listening to Uecker but don't much care for his current partner, who's name escapes me at the moment.

I live in florida so fswi will be blacked out this weekend. I dread it evrry time bevause their announcers are SO boring. For me i love BA because i became a fan near when he started calling the crew. It will be weird (and is weird when lepay is on but i like him too) when he eventually moves on. Hes nostalgic for me.

I have to either watch the other teams broadcast or mute the tv when ol breakaball or coshun is on. Those guys are AWFUL. I do like coshun as the sideline announcer or brewers luve guy however.

I live in florida so fswi will be blacked out this weekend. I dread it every time because their announcers are SO boring. For me i love BA because i became a fan near when he started calling the crew. It will be weird (and is weird when Lepay is on but i like him too) when he eventually moves on. Hes nostalgic for me.

I have to either watch the other teams broadcast or mute the tv when ol breakaball or coshun is on. Those guys are AWFUL. I do like Coshun as the sideline announcer or brewers luve guy however.

Dewayne Staats is unbearable.

I'm a little surprised at all the love for BA on here. I find him to be really annoying, it has nothing to do with him being "boring", I don't even find him boring at all. Just annoying.

What does he do that is so annoying?

-Whenever we play the Pirates at PNC Park, he says "Alleganie River" like a million times a game. That would be a good drinking game, take a drink every time he says it, you'll be wasted halfway through the game. Like, we get it, you know the name of the river that's next to the stadium.. I can't speak for other people, but I couldn't care less about some stupid river when I'm watching a baseball game.

-Have you ever heard him say the word "amateur"? It's like nails on a chalkboard.

-He's a big-time homer. All he does all game long, is praise Brewer after Brewer with unneccesary praise that gets very old fast.

- He compares players/praises players based off old-fashioned stats like RBIs, errors, etc.

I really like Brian Anderson, with the exception of the Pina pronunciation thing, his infatuation with saying "butcher boy" and lack of a home run call.

As for being a homer, to a certain extent home team announcers have to be, and I've heard a LOT worse than he is, which I think in part because he does so much national stuff. Like, Dick Bremer and Bert Blyleven on the Twins broadcast are unbearably homer-ish, and have been for 20 years.

I think Anderson is a great middle ground between Matt Vasgersian, who was a little too pop culture forward for Rock to keep up with, and the stodginess of a Dick Bremer or Jim Paschke type of guy.

How does one get so offended over an announcer? Why get all bent out of shape? It's almost comical how much it irritates some people. You are mentioning little minor things I have never noticed before.

You might as well mute the TV. No way any announcer would please you.

I really like Brian Anderson, with the exception of the Pina pronunciation thing, his infatuation with saying "butcher boy" and lack of a home run call.

As for being a homer, to a certain extent home team announcers have to be, and I've heard a LOT worse than he is, which I think in part because he does so much national stuff. Like, Dick Bremer and Bert Blyleven on the Twins broadcast are unbearably homer-ish, and have been for 20 years.

I think Anderson is a great middle ground between Matt Vasgersian, who was a little too pop culture forward for Rock to keep up with, and the stodginess of a Dick Bremer or Jim Paschke type of guy.

For the first sentence, these things are important to me. I don't really care how knowledgeable someone is, if they're boring I'd rather have someone exciting who is less knowledgeable (and gets the damn name right, that's your job).

Overall though, we're pretty spoiled. Especially radio - Uecker, Wayne Larrivee for Packers games, before him Max McGee and Jim Irwin for years, and I love Lepay, especially for UW radio sports. Those are some really talented, engaging, and entertaining announcers.

(I still remember listening to Irwin and McGee call a Packers-Bears game. The Packers were creaming them, and the Bears put in their 3rd string QB Peter Tom (P.T.) Willis. McGee says, on the air, "Who the hell is P.T. Willis?")

I couldn't stand listening to the Yankees announcers, and that was by halfway through the first game.

I really like Brian Anderson. He doesn't get national work because he's bad. I've lurked this board for about five years before I finally created an account to post and it really baffles me how many times this same thread pops up. Like Louis said, for Wisconsin sports we are incredibly spoiled with the radio and TV broadcast talent we have covering this state.

Archived