Brewer Fanatic

2017-08-02: Cardinals (Weaver) at Brewers (Suter) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-4]

hawing
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why did suter not bunt to advance arcia?

That cost us a run!

Butcher boy play. Infield drawn in and pulled it back and swung away to see if he could steal a hit. Almost worked.

So we got cute... dumb. Anything we can do to avoid scoring I guess.

Butcher boy play. Infield drawn in and pulled it back and swung away to see if he could steal a hit. Almost worked.

Would be interesting to know how much it actually works. I mean, I've seen it work, but it seems like odds are much better to lay down a bunt than ask a pitcher to pull back, hit the ball, and hit a hole in the infield.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Why did suter not bunt to advance arcia?

That cost us a run!

So we got cute... dumb. Anything we can do to avoid scoring I guess.

Suter isn't a very good bunter. He fouled off the first bunt attempt way out of the zone. I would have preferred it if he gets it down too but pretty good chance he strikes out or pops it up.

Kinda pathetic when your hitting is so bad your pitchers, who bunt!, can't bunt.

Yeah he needs to be able to get that down. Can't afford to be stranding leadoff doubles with how bad this offense is struggling

For the optimists, it's not negative to say "game over" at this point, it's just following history over the last 2-3 weeks.

Whatever makes you feel better.

How're you feeling the last three weeks? Fine and dandy?

Do you enjoy watching yadier yuck it up in the dugout?

Archived