Brewer Fanatic

2017-08-02: Cardinals (Weaver) at Brewers (Suter) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-4]

hawing

I've seen evidence of both Luke Weaver and Adam Wainwright getting tonight's start for the visitors, and I don't know if it will be confirmed either way before I have to leave for Milwaukee.

CARDINALS

2B Kolten Wong (L)

CF Tommy Pham ®

SS Paul DeJong ®

3B Jedd Gyorko ®

C Yadier Molina ®

LF Jose Martinez ®

1B Luke Voit ®

RF Randal Grichuk ®

RHP Luke Weaver ®

BREWERS

2B Eric Sogard (L)

1B Eric Thames (L)

LF Ryan Braun ®

3B Travis Shaw (L)

RF Domingo Santana ®

C Manny Pina ®

CF Keon Broxton ®

SS Orlando Arcia ®

LHP Brent Suter (L)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big Game tonight! HUGE!!!! OK, not really, but I'm still looking forward to it

meanwhile:

Free Lewis Brinson! End the Keon madness

(yes I have too much time on my hands)

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Big Game tonight! HUGE!!!! OK, not really, but I'm still looking forward to it

meanwhile:

Free Lewis Brinson! End the Keon madness

(yes I have too much time on my hands)

Obviously, every game is a big one if you are hoping to compete for a playoff spot… however the biggest theme the rest of the way is we have to win series. We can’t keep dropping 2 of 3 and this is obviously amplified against those who are also trying to stay in the playoff picture. On paper, tonight’s game is the one to get in order to win the series. Wacha has been throwing well, up against a spot starter tonight, etc.

So yes, long winded way of saying I agree… tonight is a nice one to get 

Broxton in the 7 hole... allowing Arcia to see nothing but breaking balls. A nice little Arcia sandwich

K

Arcia

K

"There's more people to ignore in New York or in Boston than there are in Milwaukee, but I would still ignore them, probably."

-Zack Greinke

I'm glad Bronson now gets to ride the line behind a waste of a CF who is older. Good way to develop your best prospect

Bronson Koenig? He's a basketball player. You mean Brinson?

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

I'm glad Bronson now gets to ride the line behind a waste of a CF who is older. Good way to develop your best prospect

We signed Bronson Arroyo to play OF for the Brewers.

Indeed-typo. But I would not be surprised if Koenig could make contact more than Keon

We signed Bronson Arroyo to play OF for the Brewers.

That would be hilarious!!!! Depressing, but hilarious. If Doug Melvin was still GM, Arroyo would have gotten signed to a 3 year 30 million dollar contract this past winter. We'd read feel good stories about his veteran leadership and the good part would be that BA would talk less about his dog and more about Bronson's singing

Side note here: Gyorko's first pitch from Suter is, by the definition of the rule, a strike. It is never, almost ever, like 1 time out of 1000, called a strike, because it winds up near the dirt, but it is actually supposed to be a strike.

I would hate to be a starting pitcher for this team. There just isn't any margin of error. Also, Yadier Molina is my least favorite player of all time.

Before the All-Star break, there was plenty of margin for error. Just ask Mr. Davies.

Archived