Brewer Fanatic

2017-08-01: Cardinals (Martinez) at Brewers (Nelson) 6:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2]

hawing

Davies would be a good 4 or even a mediocre 3. Albeit one who stinks early in the season for some reason. Most of the time players figure out the early season yips eventually.

The sample is too small but Suters peripherals suggest he has been a 3.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Braun had really had a tough year....injuries and not typical performance when not hurt.

We need him to be better

Outside of the week he tried to play hurt he has been exactly the same player he was the last 2 years statistically.

Yeah, I think some still hold Braun's skills in a little bit unrealistically high of a regard. He's still a good hitter, no doubt, but there's also no doubt he's a declining player. That 2011-2012 MVP candidate type player is gone forever.

If he can average 120 games, 500 or so PAs and an .850 OPS the next 3 years, I'd be thrilled.

30 pitches for Martinez in the first inning. Great way to start a 3 game series.

Get to that bullpen early! Let's see if the Crew can add on runs.

The inability to add on runs past the first couple of innings is the main culprit to our struggles since the All Star Break. :(

Heck of a win last night but pretty hairy. Not sure what Arcia was thinking on the pop up. Would have been an easy catch for Braun. I can't believe how much the Cardinals hitters were guessing in the 9th and maybe the 8th too.

Archived