Brewer Fanatic

Darvish to Dodgers

markedman5

If it doesn't happen for the Dodgers this year, when will it? I'm happy they made this move. If we aren't going to win it, I sure as heck don't want the Cubs to do it again.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

their weakness is Clayton in the playoffs

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

The Gray and now Darvish trades reason enough to Milw pulling just soft BP trades. For little impact to system. Glad to see Stearns stayed away and let his troops fight his battles for him. It wasnt the year to compete with the big boys. Dodgers, Nationals, Astros, Cubs, and Yankees.

The Gray and now Darvish trades reason enough to Milw pulling just soft BP trades. For little impact to system. Glad to see Stearns stayed away and let his troops fight his battles for him. It wasnt the year to compete with the big boys. Dodgers, Nationals, Astros, Cubs, and Yankees.

Agreed. Get a better understanding of what the Brewers have internally before making big moves. Hopefully next year there will be more sellers and players like Fulmer, Archer, Rodon, Stroman, Manaea, Duffy, Snell, etc. will be available if the Brewers need a SP.

I am of the opinion that this was the steal of the deadline.

Calhoun is a top 100 prospect but is not a top 50 guy.

The other two prospects the Dodgers gave up are not even in their MLB.com Top 30.

I get that Darvish is a rental, however, he is having a "bad year" with a 4.01 ERA. If he improves being in the thick of a pennant race, the Dodgers just got a #2 for a bargain.

Calhoun is an interesting case. He's a small, stocky guy with poor defense. Which is why he's never going to be rated as a true top talent. But that bat is legit. Drafted in 2015, is now a 22 year old in AAA with a .931 OPS. A leftie with a .899 OPS against LHP. Strikes out only 12% of the time so far in his professional career. On a team that can afford to carry a full-time DH he's going to be a beast.

The rental market isn't what it used to be; I would imagine partly because of the CBA, but also because there weren't many teams looking at rental SPs. With 3 divsions basically decided already, fewer teams than usual would be in the mix. Considering that, I don't think they did badly at all. With the caveat that if they were planning to resign Darvish, and a trade hurt those chances, then then the return looks pretty light.

Archived