Brewer Fanatic

Second Wild Card

Jopal78
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just gotta take it series by series. Win 2 of 3 this weekend and go from there.

As much as I expected the whole time not to make the playoffs, I'd have still been a bit disappointed but if the Cards swoop in and steal the spot I'll really be mad. I'm sure they'll beat AZ too in the WC gard somehow too

AZ is on freaking fire. They pounded the mighty Dodgers into the dirt. Good thing is: there's still plenty of time for them to cool off before October.

Yea just mostly my bitterness to how STL always somehow pulls it out and finds away. They'll probably win the WS

Not likely. Can't get past the Nats...at all. Maybe you or the Cubs can.

Ah if only baseball was that simple and predictable like the NBA. Seems ya'll forgot about 2011. And like I said, I'm mostly just expressing my disdain for the Cardinals and the lucky horseshoe up their rear and joking about it. I know how low of a % chance they have

Ah if only baseball was that simple and predictable like the NBA. Seems ya'll forgot about 2011. And like I said, I'm mostly just expressing my disdain for the Cardinals and the lucky horseshoe up their rear and joking about it. I know how low of a % chance they have

I'm not saying that a Wild Card can't win. It's happened before. Just that this year's Card team isn't very good. They aren't winning the Series, much less getting there.

The 2011 team you referenced was actually a pretty decent game. If I recall correctly, they finished nearly 20 games over .500. There are no similarities between that team and this team except that both teams might be the WC.

Ya'll are taking this way too seriously. I've said it each time, I'm just griping about how lucky they get. It's like you have that friend who always gets lucky on dumb stuff, then when the powerball is at 500 mil you joke that guy will win it.

Also, that 2011 team won 90 games. If STL makes they'll need to win at least 85 games so they'll be within 5. 2011 team wasn't that good, what's the old stat for them? That they won the WS without a starting P making it past the 5th inning the whole playoffs? Something like that. That's not a recipe for winning. They had Pujols, yes that is big. And Holliday was still good then. After that they got a freak hot streak out of Freese and resurrected Furcal from the dead for 2 months of a good run from him. I think they only made it in the playoffs by one game after an absolutely epic collapse by Atlanta to let them in. Sure that's a better team than what the current STL looks like and probably is, but if you looked at the 2011 team on Sept 8 how would they have looked. Stuff always falls their way and I'm just making a joke about how lucky they get. That's it.

ETA: They were 10.5 out with 32 games to go and a 1.3% of making the playoffs. Largest comeback and collapse ever.

Archived