Brewer Fanatic

Cubs Games- Getting More Brewers Fans Into Miller Park

rickh150

Age old question.....How do we fill Miller Park with more Brewers fans?

We know Brewers fans are pretty good, loyal, etc. It's tough to see that this weekend when 75% of the fans are Cubs fans. Yet, we all know that if no Cubs fans showed up this weekend, there still would have been 30,000 Brewers fans plus at the game (partly because of lower prices since no idiot Cubs fans).

Just general thoughts....

1. Season ticket holders should to do a better job getting tickets to Brewers fans, or the Brewers have to make it a priority to get best seats to Brewers fans somehow. Some teams monitor accounts to see if tix are sold on secondary market and strip seats from season ticket holders. I would welcome that.... just don't see why our top seats need to fall into enemy hands. I mean, front row seats? Behind the dugout? Can't keep fans away, but best seats should be with our fans. Isn't there a system where season ticket holders share with other ticket holders ala Green Bay Packers?

2. Brewers could offer season ticket holders,group ticket leaders, and community groups Cubs seats as incentives to get more Brewers fans in the stadium.

3. I knew the Saturday game was sold out already in early March, reported as such. As soon as online sales started, eager Cub fans picked them up quickly while rebuilding Brewers fans didn't. When Brewers played well for the first few months, good seats couldn't' be purchased thru box office.

4. I would have liked to see Cubs seats being sold at a reduced cost just at the stadium box office for a few days when individual seats begin selling. Not a solution, but it'd help.

4. I've been to some Brewers/Cubs games over the years.... need to get to more to support the team.

Overall, this was a huge Cubs gathering- weekend games in July, after a WS championship- perfect storm. Just want to see more Brewers supporters there...

I refuse to go to Brewers/Cubs games at Miller Park so that I don't have to deal with the douchebaggery of many of the Cubs fans that make their way to Miller Park. I know I'm not alone in that sentiment, so there's really very little that could be done (within the realm of reason :tongue) to get me to go to these games. Of course, a few years back when the Cubs were terrible and the Brewers could score more than 5 runs in a series, these games were tolerable at Miller Park. If the Cubs are doing well and in the playoff hunt I don't want to be anywhere near that place.

I wish the Brewers were still in the American League for this reason. I don't recall this situation with the White Sox fans back then (although I was only a teenager back then and made it to one game a year if I was lucky).

Community Moderator

I'm going to be in Milwaukee for a day or two September so I took a look at the schedule and saw the Brewers are at home playing the Cubs. Normally that would be an immediate NO because we all have experience with Cubs fans at Miller Park and I'd rather not go to the game than deal with it.

But...since I don't get to Miller Park very often, I decided to go ahead and try to purchase tickets. I was shocked at what the Brewers are charging for these games. $70 for the loge outfield??? $35 for terrace reserved??? Forget it.

The moral of the story is that the Brewers can't do anything about it, so they may as well jack up the prices and get as much money as possible from the Cubs fans. It's all about supply and demand and when there are Cubs fans willing to pay $35 for a nosebleed seat, why should they give discounts to Brewers fans? If they did, the Brewers fans would turn around and sell the tickets on Stubhub for 3x face value.

You are dealing with the 5th largest city in North America. Even with 2 teams in that city, there are just considerable more Cubs fans than Brewers fans. Plus it's just cheaper. Looking at the future cubs /brewers games in Sept on Seat Geek show row 1 behind the brewers dugout at Wrigley for $540 and row 1 behind the Cubs bench @ Miller park for $360 per ticket

4. I would have liked to see Cubs seats being sold at a reduced cost just at the stadium box office for a few days when individual seats begin selling. Not a solution, but it'd help.

This wouldn't really help at all. I mean, I guess if your goal is to inconvenience Cubs fans then it would help but in terms of limiting the sales to Cubs fans, it wouldn't. If they can't go up themselves to get the tickets, they probably have a friend or a relative that they'd be willing to pay to get the tickets.

The worst experience, and the only bad one I've ever hard, at Miller Park is against the Cubs. They just suck the fun out of just about anything. It is a Chicago thing because Bears fans take the cake in that category too. Even at Lambeau, just a bunch of douchebags.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It is a compliment to our park. Our park is easier to get to, tailgating, cheaper, parking for people, more food options, better seating, etc.

Wrigley Field was incredible to tour(before the renovations), but when it comes to game experience it has nothing on Miller Park.

True, but thats not it. Ticket prices are simply wayyyy lower than Wrigley, simple as that. We also keep talking about fans coming up from Chicago. But there are many thousands of Chicago area natives now living in Milwaukee, so much cheaper AND easier for them to go to games at MP.

Never gonna happen but the Brewers players could buy up tickets and give them away in Milwaukee during the day before the game. Ryan Braun always could use some more good will.

Give away free tickets to random people and expect those people not to sell them for hundreds of dollars in profit?

Any way to not allow them on stubhub/online secondary market to inconvenience scalpers?

No StubHub has an agreement with MLB to be the official secondary market. I don't think a team can block people from using it. There just isn't a way to avoid the situation and honestly why would they? They make serious money with the large crowds. The demand is just too high from Cubs fans. They will pay high prices and Brewers fans don't want to pay some huge premium when they can go any other day for a fraction of the cost.

Doesn't the Nashville Predators do something so that you have to show you live there to buy the tickets or something?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Doesn't the Nashville Predators do something so that you have to show you live there to buy the tickets or something?

They did the buy a ticket to a Blackhawks game and you had to buy tickets to two other games. Now it's you get a season ticket I.D. card that you present at the games or if you don't have season tickets you can buy with a credit card but sales are restricted to the Predators TV viewing area (Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, Mississippi and Georgia). If you have a credit card with a billing address from outside that area, they cancel the order without notice and no refund is given.

I guess the Brewers could do that but once again, there are plenty of Cubs fans in Wisconsin and Cubs fans in Illinois probably know someone who lives in Wisconsin that would be willing to buy them tickets with their credit card and just pay them back. It sort of works in Nashville because Chicago is 500 miles away. It doesn't really work in Milwaukee because the border with Illinois is 40 miles away with plenty of fan crossover in the state.

I have two terrace reserved seats in a 20 game pack, fans choice. I sold all 4 seats(2 each for Saturday & Sunday) and paid for 1/4 my season ticket package off Stub Hub.

Cubs fans can have my tickets. I'll take their money.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I have two terrace reserved seats in a 20 game pack, fans choice. I sold all 4 seats(2 each for Saturday & Sunday) and paid for 1/4 my season ticket package off Stub Hub.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this and if I had season tickets I would probably do the same thing.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this and if I had season tickets I would probably do the same thing.

Yep, me too.

1. Season ticket holders should to do a better job getting tickets to Brewers fans, or the Brewers have to make it a priority to get best seats to Brewers fans somehow. Some teams monitor accounts to see if tix are sold on secondary market and strip seats from season ticket holders. I would welcome that.... just don't see why our top seats need to fall into enemy hands. I mean, front row seats? Behind the dugout? Can't keep fans away, but best seats should be with our fans. Isn't there a system where season ticket holders share with other ticket holders ala Green Bay Packers?

This again? So, in your opinion, you can't possibly be a true Brewer fan if you sell your tickets on the open market and a Cub fan happens to buy them? I'm so tired of these judgments. You must be filthy rich (or completely financially irresponsible - as long as we are throwing around judgement of people) if you would be willing to forfeit $100 plus per ticket just so that there is no chance a Cub fan will get your seats.

Also, MLB teams do not care at all if you sell your tickets on the secondary market. All MLB season tickets holders are given a direct link within their season ticket holder account to sell tickets directly on Stub Hub. The fan purchasing the tickets can print them off directly from Stub Hub.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived